By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I DID IT! I BOUGHT A GAMING PC FROM ALIENWARE!

dobby985 said:
KungKras said:
Congratulations.

You should use it to play Starcraft!

You can run Starcraft 1 on a toaster lol

and it's still more awesome than ever :D

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
invetedlotus123 said:
Gilgamesh said:
invetedlotus123 said:

Well, I researched a little bit. And I think it will be much more worth spend 1500 at the PC and get a High-End HDTV with 4000, with the other 500 i spend buying some expensive clothes.

It wasn't so hard to cancel, I just called them and canceled the order.

Very good decision (you could of bought a car with the money you just saved from that computer lol)

What kind of TV you buying? LED?

I want to get a Samsung LED 8500 55 inches.

whoa.........55inches.....thats enormous...........do you really need such a big tv.........

i'd spend a bit more on my PC and  buy a smaller telly........but then its not my money.........

whatever happens i'm jealous........you've got good gaming.......

Above & Beyond

I mean no offense by this statement but you could've save a lot of money and had just as powerful a PC but as long as your happy that is all that matters.

Alienware are very overpriced but again as long as your happy that is all that matters.

Current Favorites:
Wii - Muramasa, MH3, Metroid Trilogy, RS2, Okami, RE4, COD, Dead Space, Scarface
PC - L4D, TF2, BFBC2, Killing Floor, Aquaria, Warsow, many UDK indie games
Mods - MechWarrior:Living Legends, Star Wars: Galatic Warfare, PVKII, Goldeneye Source, L4D mods
PS3 - Demon Souls, Way of the Samurai 3
Social Modding Club: ModDb | Steam

Amazing, you could have bought a PS3 slim, a 360 elite, a wii, a psp, a ds lite, a second hand car and a decent hd tv and STILL had money left over, and you spent $6000 on a pc that isn't even "top specs", lol,

COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY!

Holy crap people, read the first post on page 7 :P

Around the Network
invetedlotus123 said:

I bought 6000$ PC from Alienware, I financed it in 10 times of 600$. It arrives next monday. I'm pretty excited, i'll be entering the pc gaming world with one of the bests pcs someone could have! It has dual GTX 295 in SLI mode, 6gb of DDR3 ram, 1.2TB o Raid 0 hd, BD burner and a Corei7 975.

Sure i buying Crysis, and with this pc i'll be able to run it maximum with decent FPS!

haha crapy Alienware... should have looked harder... systems from FalconNW are much better

Cueil said:
invetedlotus123 said:

haha crapy Alienware... should have looked harder... systems from FalconNW are much better

And still 2-3x what you should be paying for what you get.

On the topic of TV- you really dont need to spend that much for a really good monitor. Also, I recommend using two monitors.

32" is about the biggest you are going to want to look at, if its going on your desk. Bigger sounds nicer, but it really isnt, you will be swimming in the thing. 1080p on 32" is about the right size, big enough that its awesome, yet good enough res/size ratio that nothing looks pixellated, its all smooth.

If you want more screen real estate for coding, researching, or anything else where its nice to have tons of shit up to x-reference, just get a second monitor. Dual monitor is the way to go, and everyone who does any sort of real work on a PC needs it. I personally prefer a smaller second monitor, its a matter of taste.

Should you decide to go with 42" or larger, I HIGHLY recommend mounting it on a wall a ways away from you and using a second monitor on your desk as primary. Bigger isnt always better unless its also further away.

since i just baught my new TV Panasonic GW10 50" and its awesome but it still could be bigger.

If i had the cash i would want the Phillips 56" 21:9 TV to see cinema movies without the annoying black bars and its full glory

Improvements are caused by people who complain

Using it as a TV, or as a monitor on your desk?