By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I DID IT! I BOUGHT A GAMING PC FROM ALIENWARE!

reptile168 said:
That's a nice computer but the only thing i don't agree is the purchase of a BD burner. It is a very useless peripheral right now in the computer world. You probably paid 1000$ for that burner option or something close to that.

Then that BD burner option is terribly overpriced. You can find BD burners for less than $200 easily.

Around the Network

you have got a good setuo but you over expended seriously alot.

Also your setup is awesome for now but it wouldn't last after 1.5-2 years cause you didn't get direct X 11 supported card and you have got a duel SLI GTX 295 when Nvidia is already offering Quad SLI GTX 29X.

If you were gonna spend so much then you should have bought TELSA GPU from Nvidia which twice as good as your current one.

You shouldn't listen to the Alienware executive,they will always try to rip.Also they don't know that much about new tech,they only know about whats available with them.Next I would recommend you to do some more research.

I have a $1500 with Core i7,8gb ddr3 ram,2gb Telsa Nvidia,1TB SSD,21 inch monitor which can easily beat your configuration

People. you made me feel bad... I really was stupid by spending such a huge amount of money whitout doing any research... Anyway, i'll try to cancel the order. So, i call them today, the computer is programmed to just arrive next monday, so i have some time. So, help me to build a computer with this amount of money, i'm sure that i can get something pretty stronger with the same budget.

The first thing you should shop for is the case, it is something that you see for years and should be something that isn't an eyesore.

Galaki said:
The first thing you should shop for is the case, it is something that you see for years and should be something that isn't an eyesore.

I'm sorry, are you telling him how to spend his money?

Around the Network
tedsteriscool said:
Galaki said:

"So, help me to build a computer with this amount of money, i'm sure that i can get something pretty stronger with the same budget."

I'm pretty sure that's what he asked for in the first place.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89
jefforange89 said:
tedsteriscool said:
Galaki said:

"So, help me to build a computer with this amount of money, i'm sure that i can get something pretty stronger with the same budget."

I'm pretty sure that's what he asked for in the first place.

You obviously overlooked my joke:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=2775802

oic, my mistake

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89

definitely wait for the the 5970 to come out two of them will decimate anything but set you back about $1.5 grand but If you are going to spend 6 grand it would be worth it

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Well, I researched a little bit. And I think it will be much more worth spend 1500 at the PC and get a High-End HDTV with 4000, with the other 500 i spend buying some expensive clothes.

It wasn't so hard to cancel, I just called them and canceled the order.