By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Feature Wishlist

This thread got me thinking about the features I would want in the PS4 and here are my feature wishlist.

1. Complete BC with PS3.  This is the most important feature for me and for most of PS fans.  I want to play Uncharted 1-4 10 years from now.  That would be a fun marathon.

2. Peripheral compatibility with DualShock3 and other PS3 compatibility.  While this is not really that big of a deal, me and a lot of current PS3 owners will be thankful to sony if we don't have to buy another set of controller peripherals just for PS4.  It's bluetooth, what the hell else can they improve on it? 

3. A more reliable WiFi.  The current wifi support of PS3 is crummy, configuration is kinda hinky too.  There is a lot to improve in this area and this will save a lot of customers from being frustrated with Online games.

4. Much bigger RAM size.  I think the current RAM specs of PS3 is limiting for developers, expanding it to a significantly larger size would improve game quality.

5. Support for Multilayer BluRay (250GB?) and Faster Disc Read Speed.  Duh.

6. Next-Next Gen GPU.  Or Next-Next-Next-Gen, if that's possible.  The farther away from current PC technology, the better.  We'd have native 1080p and support for the next HDMI standard.

7. Launch Price Should be $299. (or similar price taking into account inflation)  This seems to be the sweet spot for consoles.  Sony should not take cue from mobile devices, that's a different market altogether, consoles are different.  If Sony launches at this price, PS4 will sure to be the reincarnation of PS2.

With those features in PS4, I would welcome the transition if it were 2011 but I highly doubt it.  The re-engineering cost for PS3 slim still hasn't been that profitable yet.  

Think about it, all you have to do is buy a console and all the stuff you bought for PS3 will still work.  You'd have a next-gen console and still be able to play PS3 games just like before.  That wouldn't be too bad, don't you think?

Around the Network

I say BC could (or should) be optional, like a expansion Slot/Cardrige solution!

That way, the PS4 can be manufactured cheaper without eliminating the possibility of BC

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Uncharted 3... that will do me!

-Cell Upgrade (unavoidable)

-Much faster Blu-Ray Drive (unavoidable)

-More power to the graphics chip / more RAM (for better port´s of other games /3rd party solutions / games based on Unreal Engine)

-BC

-better Network-Management

thats it for me.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

We is it that this thread is made like every 2 weeks???

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:
I say BC could (or should) be optional, like a expansion Slot/Cardrige solution!

That way, the PS4 can be manufactured cheaper without eliminating the possibility of BC

I say BC should be a requirement.  For PS3, Sony removed BC because lower res upscaled to HD are just not up to the snuff.  I know because mine has BC and it's kind of painful to play through PS2 games.

With PS4, there shouldn't be problems with graphics because PS3 is already HD.  The only problem would be if they changed architecture and moved away from the cell processor.  In which case a cartridge add-on would not work, imagine putting teh c311 into a cartridge...  Not a very feasible solution.

Dgc1808 said:
We is it that this thread is made like every 2 weeks???

Because the other threads are dead.  Duh.

1:PS1-PS4 games.
2:No price cuts needed.
3:Better controller.
4:Something from future.

Take my love, take my land..

Every model needs full PS1/2/3 BC, rumble and large hard drives from launch. One thing I don't like about the PS3 is all the different models. It should be bundled with a headset & HD cables too.

A better controller
A improved GPU
A more reliable network
Complete BC for PS3,PS2