Forums - Website Topics - The Rules About Calling Things "Exclusive"

AlkamistStar said:
Rainbird said:
Kantor said:
Rainbird said:
kowenicki said:
masterb8tr said:
kowenicki said:
Well my Gears of War still says "only on xbox".... maybe I have a case!!??

nope, I think it says in the manual that the "only on xbox" mark  means the game is exclusive for three months or more. At least thats how it was for xbox 1.

dammit... was going to bring a class action for $4 billion.

You could have made even more if you had put the lawsuit towards Sony and Nintendo as well! :o

Sony is careful to put "Only on PlayStation". So, they can release it on PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP and perhaps Aino, and you can't do anything.

Those clever bastards!

0o0o0o0 i want that smiley...gimme!

ROFL! That is the best smiley ever!!

Around the Network
pbroy said:
I feel.... naked.

lol why?

On Topic: This is a Rule WELL, Welcomed. i hated the fact "certain" fanboys of a "certain" console always bragged about this silly ideal that unknownconsole/PC was infact a pure and full 100% exclusive.

same can be said for the trinity with FFwhatevertwodigitnumberweareat.

Infact i'd go as far as to say one of the best Rules on the site now, thank you very much Naza for clearing this up, this will indeed cut the trolling by a big amount now, atleast when it comes to those kinds of things. ala exclusive topics.

However... what about handheld/PC exclusives? i know it doesn't happend alot, but it HAS happend, i remember there was a puzzler game for PSP ONLY but it was later ported to PC? what then? is it still a warnable offence?

Cheers naznatips, although I hope when you say people will be 'moderated for this that the punishment, at least for very infrequent offenders is not too harsh. It seems like the kind of rule that could be inadvertantly broken due to simply forgetting a word

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
pbroy said:
I feel.... naked.

lol why?

On Topic: This is a Rule WELL, Welcomed. i hated the fact "certain" fanboys of a "certain" console always bragged about this silly ideal that unknownconsole Xbox 360/PC was infact a pure and full 100% exclusive.

Infact i'd go as far as to say one of the best Rules on the site now, thank you very much Naza for clearing this up, this will indeed cut the trolling by a big amount now, atleast when it comes to those kinds of things. ala exclusive topics.

However... what about handheld/PC exclusives? i know it doesn't happend alot, but it HAS happend, i remember there was a puzzler game for PSP ONLY but it was later ported to PC? what then? is it still a warnable offence?

It is a 100% console exclusive, which is what they meant. Like I said before, the term "exclusive" and "console exclusive" were being used interchangeably, and that led to confusion among the ranks, which then led to arguments...the sad thing is, everybody was right and nobody was admitting it. lol 

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Thank you naznatips, great rule.

Around the Network
ironman said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
pbroy said:
I feel.... naked.

lol why?

On Topic: This is a Rule WELL, Welcomed. i hated the fact "certain" fanboys of a "certain" console always bragged about this silly ideal that unknownconsole Xbox 360/PC was infact a pure and full 100% exclusive.

It is a 100% console exclusive, which is what they meant. Like I said before, the term "exclusive" and "console exclusive" were being used interchangeably, and that led to confusion among the ranks, which then led to arguments...the sad thing is, everybody was right and nobody was admitting it. lol

lol, i did it like for reasons! honest! :D

As for what you said, i agree but everyone was going assbackwards about it, but with this rule in place, things should run smoothly about those kinds of topics right? ... Right???

Funny thing is, im feeling some hypocrisy here because i've agrued with some members myself about the subject between console exclusives and full exclusives(no PC) and they always say the same thing without calling it console exclusive, they simply call it "Exclusive" those were the people that messed with so many others good nature, my self aswell.

But Naza took them all (or will?) to the promised land!

JGWentWorth said:
AlkamistStar said:
Rainbird said:
Kantor said:
Rainbird said:
kowenicki said:
masterb8tr said:
kowenicki said:
Well my Gears of War still says "only on xbox".... maybe I have a case!!??

nope, I think it says in the manual that the "only on xbox" mark  means the game is exclusive for three months or more. At least thats how it was for xbox 1.

dammit... was going to bring a class action for $4 billion.

You could have made even more if you had put the lawsuit towards Sony and Nintendo as well! :o

Sony is careful to put "Only on PlayStation". So, they can release it on PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP and perhaps Aino, and you can't do anything.

Those clever bastards!

0o0o0o0 i want that smiley...gimme!

ROFL! That is the best smiley ever!!

I just copy it from another forum, www.explosm.net

I do wish it was on here, that would be easier

themanwithnoname said:
If you wanna get technical, none of the platinum hit boxarts have room for them to put that on there. I just looked at Forza 2's.

I know it's hard to see in that picture, but it's in a little green box above the Live logo. I have no idea why Forza 2 removed it, but it's not automatically removed from platinum hits. Also, as seen below, it's still on the Japanese version of Forza 2.

naznatips said:
themanwithnoname said:
If you wanna get technical, none of the platinum hit boxarts have room for them to put that on there. I just looked at Forza 2's.

I know it's hard to see in that picture, but it's in a little green box above the Live logo. I have no idea why Forza 2 removed it, but it's not automatically removed from platinum hits. Also, as seen below, it's still on the Japanese version of Forza 2.

Ahh good call. I don't get Forza 2 either, and it doesn't appear to be on Fable II's that's going to come out either. Then again, I've never understood their policy on putting that on the box or not.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Oh. Great to understand what the word exclusive means. I didn`t know. Good to see I weren`t the only one. Heh.