By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can someone explain Zack and Wiki to me?

FYI TopCat8 - if you sit down and give these point and clicks a chance they are the most addctive games you'll ever play (certainly days before walkthroughs on the web where you are tempted to cheat), on Broken Sword I spent days continuing with my every day life with the question in the back of my mind "how can I get past that mountain goat", they'll drive you mad in a great way I tell ya.

You must buy this game - it's still my favourite genre and the first thing I thought of with the wiimote.

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

Around the Network
gawalls said:
FYI TopCat8 - if you sit down and give these point and clicks a chance they are the most addctive games you'll ever play (certainly days before walkthroughs on the web where you are tempted to cheat), on Broken Sword I spent days continuing with my every day life with the question in the back of my mind "how can I get past that mountain goat", they'll drive you mad in a great way I tell ya.

You must buy this game - it's still my favourite genre and the first thing I thought of with the wiimote.

Ugh, sites like Gamefaqs ruin great games like this.  FAQ's should only be used in RPG just so you can get everything and for Easter Eggs.  If you need a walkthrough to beat the game you should probably consider going back to playing Halo.

Anyone who has not played Monkey Island is sooo not hardcore.

Seriously, totally insane game. Very fun. But then you would have to be a Methusalem like me, as it was popular in the early 90s(?).

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

It's a point and click adventure game. In 2008. It may look kiddy, but actually belongs to the hardcorest genre out there.

Gamers are divided into those who've played Space Quest, King's Quest, Police Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, Day of the Tentacle, Monkey Island, Quest for Glory, Full Throttle, The Dig, Beneath a Steel Sky, Simon the Sorcerer, Sam and Max, Gabriel Knight, Broken Sword etc, and kids with 2 second attention spans that like shooters.

Oh my, what glorious memories this stupid mini-rant woke in me. I actually still have half of those games in the shelf, and think I'll try getting some to run on XP tonight. =P

^ omfg Full Throttle, one of the coolest gmae characters ever! One of the best games ever, oh man. Once I'm done with Z, I'll be downloading Full Throttle for sure.

Around the Network

it looks like a nice point and click puzzle/adventure game thats a must buy

I think some people expecting a purely point and click adventure game will be disappointed because it's much more action puzzle oriented than games like Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle ever were. That being said it looks like a pretty amazing game.

Legend11 said:
I think some people expecting a purely point and click adventure game will be disappointed because it's much more action puzzle oriented than games like Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle ever were. That being said it looks like a pretty amazing game.

What, no winning swordfights by insulting your opponent in the best possible way? Lame.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Legend11 said:

Actually I'm not disappointed in the least.  I do prefer large open worlds to explore that any one puzzle can use something from any piece f the world rather than the smaller areas that only use things from that area as Z&W does but that doesn't mean I'm in any way at all disappointed.

I've only played the game a little over an hour and it's already beaten my expectations (and I had high expectations for this game) and it's a very welcome addition to the point and click genre.  Now we just have to hope this game sells so we can see more.

Ok. After watching some more videos, and hearing all the hype from you guys, I think I'll buy this game now (well when I get some money anyway). I already know that this will probably be considered a stupid question, but is the puzzle solving in this game anything like the old Lemmings game? That's the only point and click type thing I've ever played.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8