By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can someone explain Zack and Wiki to me?

Everyone is talking about Zack and Wiki. About what a fun game it is, and how it's so under-rated, but I still don't get it, What is the game about? From the videos I've seen, it looks like a puzzle game of sorts, but I'm just so confused as to the point of it all. It's not that I'm uninterested on buying the game...I just don't know what the buzz is about. Can someone please enlighten me on why this game is so good?

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

Around the Network

Did you read some of the reviews that are out by now? They are meant to inform you about the game.

It's a point and click adventure and those have been more or less dead since the mid 90's (there's Sam and Max but I almost always forget about those games). Point and click adventures were some of the biggest games with some of the biggest series before things went to true 3D.

Since these games just don't work well as a 1st or 3rd person game and that's where everything was starting to go, the games died. It also didn't help them much that they really don't work well on consoles since they are point and click.

So yeah, a big point and click adventure from a major publisher is a major deal. If Zack and Wiki does well that means we see more point and click adventures and possibly the return of great games like King's Quest, Quest for Glory, Monkey Island (which I believe this one is based off of-- could be wrong I actually didn't play that series), and all other great point and click adventures.

You use the Wiimote's IR pointer to guide Zack through the levels. You interact with objects to solve puzzles on a grand scale...you mess up and you'll likely have to start over.

Not sure how to best describe it other than that...I too would read some reviews for impressions. I'm definitely going to get it now though...it sounds challenging and fun.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I read some more reviews and I understand it more now. It sounds fun, but I've never played any of those other games (King's Quest or Monkey Island), so I still don't exactly know what to think of Zack and Wiki. I'll put it on my Christmas list, but I don't think I'll buy it for myself.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

Around the Network

It is looking to be tons of fun. I hope you get it for xmas. Because you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Sorry to hijack but has anyone found Z&W in a store yet? I can't find it anywhere!!!

To Each Man, Responsibility

Shipped today, in stores tommorow. I called today. Getting it tomorow.

DonWii is correct. I even went by walmart to see if an unsuspecting employee could get me an early copy in the back. But no one could =[ So I'll get it this weekend.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

I am dying inside /cry

To Each Man, Responsibility