By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IYO, what are the worst things this gen has brought to the table?

I should explain by "graphic whores" I mean folks who snub games just because they aren't 5000p and 880fps. e.g folks looking down on MAG because it's not as pretty as Killzone2 or HaloODST

edit:

forgot to mention on the disc dlcs.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

Nickle and dime DLC, that shit is staying for good and I hate it.

im sorry but the NUMBER 1 thing about this gen that sucks is a 10 dollar price tag hike on games... 4get DLC, forget Hardware fauilares and online fees, forget motion controls because i dont HAVE to have all those... but i need to buy games on w/e system i choose and those games are 10 bucks more for no reason at all.......

fanboyism, not so much the fact that it supposedly was "born" this gen, but not being able to enter one single gaming site (with luckily exeptions like VGchartz) that have fanboys shouting random bullshit..

on disc DLC.. greedy devs..

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

Around the Network

1. Games that only have online multiplayer and little or no offline multiplayer. Am I the only person who still has friends or something? Because I'd like to play games with them at my own house instead of across the laggy internet. Sometimes we have to hook up my N64 for some GoldenEye, Star Fox 64, and Bomberman 64, just because so many shitty new games can't handle these intense 1996 features. Or we play 5 player Super Bomberman 2 or 4 player NBA Jam on the SNES, or 4 player Super Spike V'Ball on the NES. Or we play 4 player Warlords on the Atari 2600. That game is from 1980. Any game that has 4 players or more online but doesn't have 4 player offline is a joke. New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Wii Sports are the proof that 4 player offline is more important than 32 player online.

2. The idea that people should ever pay a cent to play a game online.

3. The idea that people should every pay a cent for DLC.

Motion control for the Wii and PS3, and Natal.

At first I wasn't too upset about it when it was just the Wii, I thought it would fizzle out by next generation. Now it doesn't seem that way. Natal especially; I don't want to go home after Class and work everyday and then jump up and down in front of my T.V. waving my arms to play a game. This is why I hardly touch my Wii, only occasionally playing Brawl... with a GCN controller, and won't be giving Natal a second look.

I think a lot of people disagree with me, though. It won't bother me a lot as long as they don't take away my good ol' fashioned controller, which Nintendo already has..... OH, GOD, IT'S BEGUN!!!

nathantay said:

My top 3

1. The Wii
  2. $60 games
  3. Expensive accesories

I like this list.

nathantay said:

My top 3

1. The Wii
  2. $60 games
  3. Expensive accesories

I'd just like to say that there's a coorilation to all of those.  And frankly, if you think the Wi iis bad, yet dislike $60 games, then I don't know what to tell you...

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Sephiroth357 said:
nathantay said:

My top 3

1. The Wii
  2. $60 games
  3. Expensive accesories

I like this list.

You know $60 games is more or less the same price games cost back for the NES adjusted for inflation. I swear people need to give that a rest. Back in 1985, when the NES came out, was $200 and adjusted for inflation today that would be about $400. Games, if I remember correctly, were $40 then, and now that would be about $80 AND we get SOOOOOO much more game these days. So suck it up and dish out the $60.