By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft started $100 Xbox Live Rumor

I wouldnt be shocked

Most companies nowadays will do anything to get your money

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
RSEagle said:
There is no way Microsoft would put forth such an ill-conceived plan like this. If the price of one year of LIVE went up to a hundred dollars, I'm confident that 90% of Xbox 360 users, myself included, would hop over to PS3.

eh...I think you're wrong on this one. How many times have there been PSN vs XBL threads in which 360 fans won't even praise PSN for the advancements PSN has made, "wouldn't pay a dime for PSN, compared to the 'value' of XBL", and would "happily pay for Live, whatever they charged" because you "pay for what you get"?

M$ (with the X360) has America by the teet, which is why many people have this sentiment, both on forums and in real life in the US. Plus, I can see the rationale "it's less than $10 a month"

Good God! Just look at this thread!

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=90460

Looks like I was right with my examples lol

Why is this thread not closed?...Seriously. Flame baiting.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

shaqpack609 said:

MS Started $100 Xbox Live Rumor

Posted by overlycriticalgamer on October 28th, 2009

Not too long ago a rumor came out that Xbox Live would soon cost 100 dollars a year. Microsoft was quick to deny this. Funny that they would deny it because they themselves started the rumor. Even though Michael Pachter infused the idea of $100 dollars a year for Xbox Live Gold saying:

“You can’t hook a guy into Xbox LIVE Gold if he’s playing on a PC. That’s the other problem. You really want to hook every gamer who has a 360, you want them to buy all their games on 360, play everything multiplayer, pay $50 a year, so that in a couple of years, it’s $100 a year. That’s going up, we all know that.”

Microsoft themselves started the rumor.

According to a source inside of Xbox, Microsoft started the rumor so that customers would purchase one year subscriptions now in fear of the rising cost. Also the source says Xbox and Microsoft were in talks of rising the price to $100 very soon but instead decided to push a rumor out that they might raise the price to boost renewal sales of subscriptions.

The source did not rule out that Xbox Live may one day be a hundred dollars a year but said that at this specific time the rumor of it was created by MS and Xbox to make money off the people that would upgrade subscriptions that might just be a month or two into year long ones so that they wouldn’t have to pay the charge of 100 dollars when it came.

This is just another shining example of Microsoft’s greed and how dumb they think their customers are.

http://overlycriticalgamer.podbean.com/2009/10/28/ms-started-100-xbox-live-rumor/

Holy crap there are people inside?? No wonder the hardware fails :P

The link leads to an error 404 - not found. Next time, make sure to find a reliable website before posting rubbish such as this.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
jesus kung fu magic said:
Mvp4eVa said:
jesus kung fu magic said:
Mvp4eVa said:

So, Microsoft was doing this to make ppl believe and make them join or renew their subscription because they thought Microsoft was going to jack the price up of live?

Wow, Microsoft has a bunch of scam artist in their staff..

If this is true than a PS3 will be an automatic impulse buy to me.

But were all too stupid to know what rookits are so it doesnt really matter.....

Like, a program thats being overrun, hacked, tampered in form of malwares, trojans. etc.

Being hacked and tampered with is Microsofts doing? They put trojans with every windows installation?.....its not the same, any popular OS will be hacked and tampered with with malware and the like.

Though Microsoft does indeed have a back door into every computer with their OS installed while that computer is online

so it would not matter anyway. Microsoft has the largest rootkit

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

otoniel said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
wouldnt shock me
all microsoft do is rip people off

windows 7 hahahahaaaa

what do u mean by W7?

W7>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Vista and XP 

even snow leopard (and im a mac user but im using 7 and its AWESOME)

THANKS TO BOOTCAMP 

i think it's really overpriced unless u buy a upgrade version, true it's better than vista. but that having low standard for improvement.

and microsoft it's does know for this, their accesories, and windows are proof of this.

but that's how they do business so either pay or go somewhere else (ubuntu ) better =P

No they won't get over it.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Most likely a prototyping leak. This is done to gauge reaction all the time.

Psn id + ramdon blog + xbox news = ?????????????????....get ,a work

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡