By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ratchet and Clank ToD review thread.

Based on the demo 7.5 seems harsh, but not completely out of the question. If points are docked because it's more of the same, it's reasonable. It's about a point worse than metroid too, so in that sense, they are being consistent. An extra half a point to Bioshock isn't unreasonable either.

It's their undying love for a certain shooter that IS more of the same, but isn't judged by the same standards that has made them look inconsistent when dealing with high profile titles IMO.

Around the Network

by watching the video review, whew. Made me laugh!

He said that there was too much variety!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I could care less about gamestop's shitty reviews. Right now I'm on a gamespot ban. Also started to use gamestats instead of gamerankings and metacritic.

Gamestats is owned by IGN and IGN is IMO the best site anyway ;)

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

outlawauron said:
by watching the video review, whew. Made me laugh!

He said that there was too much variety!

Ugh

He said that there was lots of variety, but all of it was underdeveloped and detracted from the experience. Judging from the rails section in the demo, I'm inclined to agree.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Metacritic is back up to 90 and "universal acclaim".

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:

Deviation59 said:
Mario Sunshine is garbage. There are literally dozen and dozens of 3D platformers that I'd rank far ahead of Mario Sunshine. It's hard to see where they went so wrong after Mario 64. Meh. I'd rather have Mario in 2D anyways. Where's a sequel to New Super Mario Bros?

Therein lies your problem.  Play the game and find out what garbage it is.  That game just slapped the Mario model into a game and made you waste fifty bucks.  There was no fun in that game.  I played a great deal of it 7-10 hours, but I just couldn't bring myself to finish it.

Well, you know what opinions are like. I loved Mario Sunshine just as much as Mario 64. Maybe you could refrain from simply stating that "Game x IS garbage". Although I wouldn't touch "Halo 3" with a ten foot pole, I'm not gonna tell Halo fans that it's rubbish.

On topic: R&C looks fantastic. Watching the Gametrailers review though, I'd rather call this a... dunno, shooter for beginners? Not my kind of game. But, again, the graphics are amazing. 

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 
Deviation59 said:
Metacritic is back up to 90 and "universal acclaim".

Yeah, and 91.1% on gamerankings.com, which is more accurate because metacritic likes to favor some places over others (and I'm not sure which ones but their averages never equal what it should be, even if you include user ratings which I believe they partially do).

Anyway, it's the highest rated exclusive even if Oblivion is still higher and a better game, heh.

I look forward to renting it.

Unbelievable, Gamespot rated Conan just as high as R&C TOD...

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Conan is terrible.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M