By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ratchet and Clank ToD review thread.

@ HappySqurriel

Does everyone have to agree with you on what a "Great" game is?

Absolutely not, but I prefer in depth explanations on why the game would be "so-so" game for people interested  in this game. Why did Gamespot rate Condemned (a boring game I owned for the 360 for which I blame some hyped reviews) a 8.0, this is clearly way beyond Condemned's league.

Seriously it must be discouraging for any small software company to look at a game like Ratchet and Clank: TOD and see it's rated a 7.5 by Gamespot, or a 5 for a game like Folklore by a magazine like Edge. Those games are slick, well thought out and extremely well polished, a startup company would have a hard time imagining any chance to beat the quality Insomniac put into this game!

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

Oh, and R&C: TOD is IMO well beyond Kameo's league as well, which scored a 8.6 over at Gamespot. Unlike Condemned I didn't regret buying that game though, overall a fun and in places very fine looking game.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Can people also remember that Gamespot has recently changed it's review format. Scores now only go up in increments of .5, just an idea.

woot SDF gave ratchet a 10.5/10! best game EVER!

that has to raise average =P

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Lost tears of Kain said:
woot SDF gave ratchet a 10.5/10! best game EVER!

that has to raise average =P

Haha, did you notice how it was basically a spoof of the 7.5 Gamespot review?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Well, having actually played the game, I feel completely comfortable stating that the Gamespot review wasn't much more than a joke. The game is absolutely excellent so far.

UPDATED:

Gametap: 10/10
Play Magazine: 10/10
Gamepro: 5/5
Game Chronicles': 9.7/10
PSM: 9.5/10
PSU: 9.5/10
GamerNode: 9.5/10
IGN: 9.4/10
Lawrence: 9.4/10
GameZone: 9.3/10
PSM3 UK: 9.3/10
CVG: 9.3/10
Game Informer: 9.25/10
Gamingtrend: 9.1/10
Pro-G: 9/10
Gaming Age: (A-) 9/10
UnderGroundOnline: (A-) 9/10
GamesRadar: 9/10
GameTrailers: 9/10
EGM: 9/10
PSX Extreme: 9/10
Gamepost: 9/10
GameAlmighty: 9/10
GameDaily: 9/10
OPM: 8.9/10
1UP: 8.5/10
Game Revolution: (B) 8.5/10
EDGE: 8/10
GameSpy: 4/5
Gamespot: 7.5/10

AVERAGE: 90.88

Gamespot gave the game a bad score because they handed the review off to a guy who primarily likes sports games. His two highest scores are for NBA 2k8 (8.5) and Call of Duty 3 (8.8) - yes, the craptacular console-only game that wasn't made by Infinity Ward received an 8.8 from this fucker.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Combat will have to be stellar just to wash out the stain that CoD 3 left in my mind.

R&C is awesome, I have been accused of not owning a PS3 because there are no games that I like and made some fan boys angry.

There is one game that I like now. It is easily working it's way up my list of favorites. This is a must own for PS3 owners. Still I don't think I would tell anyone else to buy a PS3 yet. Let's see how some of the other upcoming games play, and I'll get back to you.

P.S. Best use of Six Axis, though I could still do with out it.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Soriku said:
leo-j said:
The_vagabond7 said:
konnichiwa said:
Gamespot R&C 7.5/10

Read the review here:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/ratchetclank/review.html?sid=6181557

Ouch, I thought I was pissed at them for giving MP3 an 8.5.

They are owned by microsoft what do you expect? Now this will hurt the ratings.

What's sad is when something like this happens you act stupid and keep saying "Oo noz, they're owned by M$!!!!!!!" Dude, grow up, they're not owned by MS, they gave it a bad score because they thought it was a mediocre game (although I VERY much disagree with their review, I read it) that's no reason to say "They're owned by MS!" >_>

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M