By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect looks like a borefest.

Dumbest. Thread. Ever.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

haha he's in the borderline of being a troll, but he is entitled to his own opinion.
hey guys why not try to prove him wrong instead of attacking him.
show him some vids about mass effects facial expression.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Yeah I know, even MY facial expressions look more realistic. What's up with that?

"Whenever you find a man who says he doesn't believe in a real Right and Wrong, you will find the same man going back on this a moment later."   -C.S. Lewis

"We all make choices... but in the end, our choices... make us."   -Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Prediction: Wii passes 360 in US between July - September 2008. (Wii supply will be the issue to watch, and barring any freak incidents between now and then as well.) - 6/5/08; Wow, came true even earlier. Wii is a monster.

PlagueOfLocust said:
Yeah I know, even MY facial expressions look more realistic. What's up with that?

Where are the 4D graphics?!?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Yawn... I just watched a video of a game and it was so boring looking. I didn't get to push any buttons or anything. I hope when the game is released they rework it so I have to push buttons and stuff.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

Around the Network
iclim4 said:
haha he's in the borderline of being a troll, but he is entitled to his own opinion.
hey guys why not try to prove him wrong instead of attacking him.
show him some vids about mass effects facial expression.

I assume at this point anyone interested in Masseffect would agree that it looks to be a AAA title. You can 'nit pick' and make opinions about anything & everything. The poster most likely posted this due to hype of the game. However, it seems to live up to the requirements of a major title. Such as, Gears of War, Bioshock etc. Decide for yourself if this is a major borefest. My view is lots of people will enjoy it.

Push buttons? Yes, there will be buttons pushed in Mass Effect...have no fear.

If the lack of pushing buttons while watching a VIDEO frightened you, you have nothing to worry about, for it is a video, not an interactive video game!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I can't tell if your criticizing it for being a tainted RPG w/ shooter elements or a shooter brought down by its RPG aspects. I'm not sure you know yourself. And KoTor's battle system was TURN BASED. (albeit "cleverly" disguised, probably why you didn't pick up on it) What kind of high excitement do you expect? So there's too much shooter action in Mass Effect, and too much turn base RPG in Kotor...what kind of battle system are you looking for?

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Nick said:
Yawn... I just watched a video of a game and it was so boring looking. I didn't get to push any buttons or anything. I hope when the game is released they rework it so I have to push buttons and stuff.
this post is made of win

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Hahaha, this kinda reminds me of this now classic, and hysterical, thread; http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=564

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"