By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect looks like a borefest.

Mass Effect to me looks really sweet. I'm not huge on the combat, but more so on everything else - story, gfx, dialogue, interaction. I'm not sure how any can compare it to Folklore.

Again - if there is a game that is tempting me to get a 360 - its Mass Effect.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

PS3 fanboy post. Grow up.

It's the best looking console game to date. and yes better than GT5. Stop trolling.

puhhhhh-lease

I'm a Ps3 fanboy n even I admit This is ONE GAME would BADLY WANT on the Ps3

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

flamevizier_34 said:
i dunno what video u saw that made you think this way, but Mass Effect got a 9.75 from Game Informer ( i dont have a link cuz its in my mag) making it just under Halo 3 for top score. Can you be a bit more specific?

I agree that the game looks good, but you have to realize anyone who quotes Game Informer scores makes  puppies cry.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Around the Network
lance039 said:
It just looks like a shooter battlesystem. with some rpg elements. folklore looks better than this. sure mass effects has a neat conversation system. but doesnt every other rpg have this. and kotors battle system was slow and boring. the facial expressions dont look to good either the characters show little or no emotion

You sound like a troll or a douche.

I'm gonna disagree. This is my most anticipated game this year at this point...

and i don't even own a 360.

Of course this may be influenced by the fact that are already have a mountain of games to plow through and probably won't have the money to spend on games till next year anyway. Dang having so many friends and family to buy X-mas presents for.

lance039 said:
It just looks like a shooter battlesystem. with some rpg elements. folklore looks better than this. sure mass effects has a neat conversation system. but doesnt every other rpg have this. and kotors battle system was slow and boring. the facial expressions dont look to good either the characters show little or no emotion.

In order to respond adequately to this post, I must respond in a way that the OP will understand.

*clears throat*

Nuh uh!

blaydcor said:
I can't tell if your criticizing it for being a tainted RPG w/ shooter elements or a shooter brought down by its RPG aspects. I'm not sure you know yourself. And KoTor's battle system was TURN BASED. (albeit "cleverly" disguised, probably why you didn't pick up on it) What kind of high excitement do you expect? So there's too much shooter action in Mass Effect, and too much turn base RPG in Kotor...what kind of battle system are you looking for?

Maybe he wants a battle system where you don't do anything.  Like Ogrebattle.

I actually like games like that.  I think we could use more of them.  Still i doubt Mass Effect would work on that.

Kasz216 said:
blaydcor said:
I can't tell if your criticizing it for being a tainted RPG w/ shooter elements or a shooter brought down by its RPG aspects. I'm not sure you know yourself. And KoTor's battle system was TURN BASED. (albeit "cleverly" disguised, probably why you didn't pick up on it) What kind of high excitement do you expect? So there's too much shooter action in Mass Effect, and too much turn base RPG in Kotor...what kind of battle system are you looking for?

Maybe he wants a battle system where you don't do anything. Like Ogrebattle.

I actually like games like that. I think we could use more of them. Still i doubt Mass Effect would work on that.

Ogre Battle was a great game!  I have been watching for another one to come out eventually.  Hopefully.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)