By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Wii gives Zack and Wiki a 9.0!!

My only problem is Wiki. I can't stand it. I just want to call it Zik and Wikipedia. It drives me mad.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Around the Network

BUY THIS GAME PEOPLE!!!

Never argue with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Brawl FC: 0473-7449-8088

I really don't care what it's called. It looks awesome. Mega Man was a pretty corny name back in the day too, but no one complains now.

naznatips said:
I really don't care what it's called. It looks awesome. Mega Man was a pretty corny name back in the day too, but no one complains now.

that's true. so is the name "Wii". but i still hate monkeys.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Great game, great scores - that´s how it works, right?

When is this game released in Europe, by the way? I will definitely make a purchase here.

Around the Network

OMG! A good non-ported/ non-multi-platform erd party game... teh shockzzz... na but seriously, this can only bode well for capcom and the Wii, NICE!

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

This game has been on my most wanted list ever since it got announced ;) Strange Famitsu gave it a lower score while in the West the game is rated much higher. One problem though for me. This week this game, next week Mario Galaxy releases in Japan... and Opoona.. depending on the scores, I don't want to miss either :=/. Unless it bombs in scores, I'll drop it from my list.

If sales turn out to be just as good as the scores which the game is getting, I'd be truly happy, so we get to see more of this ;)

Edit: wow it surprises me Gamespot gives it a 8,5, considering their lack of high scores given to WII games comparing to IGN and others :P

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

@Onna76
Indeed; according to Gamespot:
Metroid Prime 3 = Zack & Wiki
Can't wait for this to come to EU.

I will be following the sales of Zack and Wiki very closely.

I think a majority of the 'hardcore' Nintendo fans that follow gaming on the internet will pick up this game and that's it. Maybe some parents for their kids, but that will happen during christmas.

I really wonder how big the hardcore group is and how much they can effect, I don't expect Capcom to market the game hugely - neither Nintendo.

The sales for this game will be extremely interesting!! I hope it does well but I doubt it, I expect less than 50k first week.

If Heavenly Sword which was SO hyped by the internet only managed 70k on a PS3 that was DYING for a good game - then I don't have high hopes for this, even if it is heavily hyped on the net.

OriGin said:
I will be following the sales of Zack and Wiki very closely.

I think a majority of the 'hardcore' Nintendo fans that follow gaming on the internet will pick up this game and that's it. Maybe some parents for their kids, but that will happen during christmas.

I really wonder how big the hardcore group is and how much they can effect, I don't expect Capcom to market the game hugely - neither Nintendo.

The sales for this game will be extremely interesting!! I hope it does well but I doubt it, I expect less than 50k first week.

If Heavenly Sword which was SO hyped by the internet only managed 70k on a PS3 that was DYING for a good game - then I don't have high hopes for this, even if it is heavily hyped on the net.

In my opinion this game will be relying on one thing, word of mouth. If this game is as good as people say it is, it might struggle at first but then continue to climb the sales charts as more and more people hear about how great it is - much like Guitar Hero.

It does have the cheaper price point on it's side too, which judging by the sales of games like RE4, carnival Games etc can give the game much longer legs then most.

I think it's release date is pretty good too, not too much competition but still well in time for the christmas boost.

For anyone interested I remember Capcom's estimates being 610k (With RE:UC at 820k, RE4 at 420k and DMC4 at 1.8m).