By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Paypal donation - should list people who have donated

super_etecoon said:
Regarding the OT...I don't know if I like the idea. I think it could put some undue pressure on people to contribute or feel ostracized for not doing so. I thing the donation button is a great addition, but making it into a spectacle has a bad implication. If you want to donate, donate. You shouldn't need to have everyone else know that you donated to make you fell good about helping out ioi or the site.

You'll find most 'donations' actually get a lot of funding by embarassment or preasure, such as passing the plate around in a church.

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.

Around the Network

Fuzzmosis - Donations - 0.

But you get my company! I swear, that's worth... well, 0. Damnit.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

I think it's a stupid idea. Donate because you want to donate, not because you want everyone to see you donate. Give incentives for donating if you want, but not putting your name up on a list somewhere...

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

goldenpp72 said:
super_etecoon said:
Regarding the OT...I don't know if I like the idea. I think it could put some undue pressure on people to contribute or feel ostracized for not doing so. I thing the donation button is a great addition, but making it into a spectacle has a bad implication. If you want to donate, donate. You shouldn't need to have everyone else know that you donated to make you fell good about helping out ioi or the site.

You'll fine most 'donations' actually get a lot of funding by embarassment, such as passing the plate around in a church.

Exactly my point.  Thanks for clarifying. A good deed is a truly good deed when no one knows you've done it.  Besides, the only one worth impressing with how much you donate would be ioi...and I'm sure he'll know. 

Soriku said:

VG Charts Newbie
Last login: 22/10/2007
Profile views: 1,634

^ Rofl.

lol more friends and almost as many profile views as me...

*feels unloved* 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network

Conversely, official "membership" could come via a paypal donation. Note "member" in the profile on the left side under post count or something. What does one get for donating? I dunno -- a toasted cheese sandwich?

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

kn said:
Conversely, official "membership" could come via a paypal donation. Note "member" in the profile on the left side under post count or something. What does one get for donating? I dunno -- a toasted cheese sandwich?

How much do you have to donate for a toasted cheese sandwich? I'm kinda hungry.

lolita said:
He just meant because there's a hot girl in her avatar (who's probably not even her anyways) it attracted pervs so they clicked to see her profile... That's all.

Someone is jealous XD.

@Soriku:  ROFL XD.

I think it's funnier she has 33 friends, assuming she didn't add them, quite the oppisite ;P

Donating.. hmmm I have a bit of spare cash in my paypal but I'd want something for donating, like some form of reward.

kn said:

I vote for cake ...