By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The vgchartz ranking game--Mario Kart Wii

+its fun
+lvl design was unique
+has the most karts (either this or mario kart ds)
+Multiplayer still fun and online kicks butt.
+tournaments
-hackers ruin fun
-It cheats to get 3 gold stars
=grapics are nice :)

Around the Network

8.5/10

+ Fun with friends
+ Online is great
+ Graphics were pretty and colorful
+ Lots of characters
+ Lots of tracks

- Mini-games were not that fun
- Not that much improvement
- Items are frustrating

+ amount of vehicles
+ fun in multiplayer

- series hasn't evolved much since 1992
- singleplayer is.... well nothing special
- half of the tracks are recycled from previous games
- graphics

Quite a dissapointment for me. A step up from Double Dash, but I enjoy Mario Kart 64 far more than any other MK game.

+ awesome controls, and different options should you not like one
+ online is brilliant (one of few Wii games to be so)
+ Even ignoring online, there was more content than in Double Dash
+ no snaking
+ Mario Kart channel, swapping time trial ghosts and monthly competitions.

- graphics not amazing (it's not a game you would notice bad graphics, and while they are not bad, they are not great) and some sounds can be annoying (Hi i'm Daisy!)

It's a brilliant game, definately in my top 5 games of all time (probably at number 2 or 3)

p.s. Mario Kart 64 is the poorest of the Mario Karts I have played: MK:Wii >>> MK:DD >>>>> SMK > MK:DS >>>> MK64

I love this game so much. It is so much better than Double Dash. The only Mario Kart that rivals it is Super Mario Kart (Why the fuck isn't this on VC?)

Anyways, I am working on getting three stars on everything, and while this game does piss me off, and although I have broken a wiimote over it, it deserves a 10.

Around the Network

9.5 the single player could do with some work put into it but the multi player and online more than make up for it.

mario kart wii is one of the best mario karts. adding 50% more racers into a race really made things more competitive, and with the very functional online system, i haven't become tired of it.

there's 16 more tracks than from double dash, and more characters to choose from. they're also bikes as an alternative to karts, which provides the game with another rivalry. as well, there are many control schemes so there's definately something for everyone to master.

however the same faults that plagued the previous versions are still here: mainly how the ai is uneccarily frustrating. also, teh battle mode was definitaly a step back, and most of the tracks didn't really come off as amazing.

this game does very little different from past games, but the scope of the offering really outweighs the faults.

8.3/10

One of the most fun game to play on Wii, and certainly the one that gave the most fun to my whole family...

The motion controls work perfectly, the game's easy to pick-up, but always as hard to master, and is even more immersive than ever before... the graphics are awesome, the new tracks have great design, and the old tracks never looked better...

The blue shells may be annoying, but at the same time, it's also a chance for everyone to win: and if you're really good, you'll win anyway... but i don't always want to beat my kids, they have so much fun when a blue shell (or anything else) hit me, and they can have their chance... :)

One of the most poorly reviewed Wii game ever, too: so glad it was so successful, to prove most of the so-called "professional hard-core journalists" that noone "in the real world" cares about their ridiculous and flawed opinions... that way, the game gave me even more fun... :)

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

9 on 10.

I don't understand why VgChartz rated MKWii so low.

8/10

Fun game, single player gets old faster than it did with previous Mario Kart games, but the online is great! Not a fan of the balance system which allows the last place person to quickly catch up, if I'm better than you I should be able to win every time and not lose to some noob that gets the good items!