By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 PLAYABLE in UK Shopping Mall Tour!!

One more thing Selnor, I'm not trying to be harsh here

but the "Forza 3 fever" compared to the "GT fever that will come" is like the "killzone 2 fever" compared to the "halo 3 fever".

Thats simply how it is in EU atleast.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Wish I lived in the UK now.

Well I guess it comes down to personal preferences. To me Forza 3 has given me quite the racing experience, possibly the best one i've ever had, but we know GT, we know what Kazunori can do to a racing game, and we know that he can take it over the top again.

At this time it's just too soon to speculate on how big the improvement will be on GT5, but as a PD fan, I have the utmost faith on them. Come next year, iwe'll have both of the best racing games ever, and to me, and to each gamer, that's what really should matter in the end ;)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

selnor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Carl2291 said:
GT5:P aint GT5 ¬_¬

If this is at Eurogamer Expo i might get to play it

lol thats like me telling kowenicki, why did you buy Forza 3 when you already had Forza 2

they are not the same either, just like GT5:P & GT5 aren't the same

Sort of. GT5 isn't GT5P. But I wouldn't expect FM2 - FM3 leaps. In fact I dont expect that much of a difference in the feel of the game. Some graphics updates and full track and car rosters. But not loads of changes. GT4P and GT4 were almost identical even though there was a gap between them releasing.

FM3 fever has hit UK quite hard. If GT5 comes here in the same shape as it was in TGS09, then it may do more harm than good. FM3 has really taken us aback here. It is leagues ahead of anything else currently on the market both PC and Console. So the GT5 they bring needs to match or better that. Otherwise the ones waiting for GT5 may just say sod it FM3 is here now and beats it. I'm painting a real picture. FM3 hasn't been given best racing game of all time title for no reason. And more importantly getting ISR's highest score. It's selling the 250gbhdd 360 package quite well in my home city.

lol no it hasnt, i went into HMV today and was like what? didnt even know it was out, i have alot of mates with 360's and not one have said anything and i have seen no ads on TV, mags news papers, billboards..anything? there all PS3 ads

As someone who lives in the UK i can tell you lot now, there is no 'fever' in the UK, if anything is to go buy its hardly hit at all 

selnor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Carl2291 said:

lol thats like me telling kowenicki, why did you buy Forza 3 when you already had Forza 2

Sort of. GT5 isn't GT5P. But I wouldn't expect FM2 - FM3 leaps. In fact I dont expect that much of a difference in the feel of the game. Some graphics updates and full track and car rosters. But not loads of changes. GT4P and GT4 were almost identical even though there was a gap between them releasing.

FM3 fever has hit UK quite hard. If GT5 comes here in the same shape as it was in TGS09, then it may do more harm than good. FM3 has really taken us aback here. It is leagues ahead of anything else currently on the market both PC and Console. So the GT5 they bring needs to match or better that. Otherwise the ones waiting for GT5 may just say sod it FM3 is here now and beats it. I'm painting a real picture. FM3 hasn't been given best racing game of all time title for no reason. And more importantly getting ISR's highest score. It's selling the 250gbhdd 360 package quite well in my home city.

You do this for the reaction, it's so fucking obvious. You make comments like this so people will reply back and they always do.....again and again and again. Bravo Selnor bravo, you are a gem of a VGChartz member.

Around the Network

*is waiting for reply*

Funny. Only 4 posts in here that actually touches the subject in the OP. And Forza 3 is obviously mentioned. Depending on the content in the next reply to selnor. I see this thread with news of playable GT5 in UK going for a sweet 100+ posts.

OT: Hope there'll be some footage, or confirmations on what the demo features.

RPG said:
selnor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Carl2291 said:

You do this for the reaction, it's so fucking obvious. You make comments like this so people will reply back and they always do.....again and again and again. Bravo Selnor bravo, you are a gem of a VGChartz member.

Agreed.

In other news, Forza 3 will be absoloutely NOTHING compared to GT5 anywhere in EU. GT5 is going to triple (or perhaps quadruple, or even quintuple) FM3's EU sales, easily.

selnor said:
Carl2291 said:
selnor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Carl2291 said:

You don't expect Forza 2 - Forza 3 leaps from GT5:P - GT5? What "leaps" has there been from F2-F3 that GT5 wont be able to match?

GT5:P to GT5 has Rally, Nascar, Over 900 more cars, Damage, head tracking, Top Gear test track(seeing as you seem to be focusing on the UK)... Etc.

And you think GT5 may do more harm than good? lol... Please tell me you mean it may do harm to Forza.

Only one person on my FL has been playing Forza 3. I wouldn't say it's as big as you are making it out to be. And it's rating is sitting at the same spot as Forza 1, and is likely to drop. Not to mention, i am yet to see a TV advert for the game.

I'm mean in terms of the engines. graphics aren't that different from GT5P ( the cars are better, scenery still looks fairly bland ). I wasn't having a go, alot of the media said the GT5 at TGS09 was bettered by FM3 at TGs09. What I was saying is if it is what was shown at TGs09, we are already playing FM3. Yes it's the full game, but people will compare. Even the reviews that gave it 8/10 still said it's the best racing game ever.

Seriously after experiencing FM3 in full, it's a leap over every racing game out there. I'm saying what Poly show the public needs to match it or beat it. Or alot of public wjo were waiting for GT5 may just get FM3 because it's here and they see no need to wait for GT5. FM3 really is that good.

I know you weren't the first to bring up Forza in this thread, but there's no need to start waxing lyrical about FM3 in here; you have a gazillion Forza 3 appreciation threads in the Microsoft section, so keep it there.

To answer everyone. No reaction was intended. I was basing my thoughts of my midnight launch. It had a bigger turn out than ODST midnight launch in my city. And there were people purchasing the new 250gbhdd pack. 7 that I counted in front of me. I know GT has a massive name, but FM3 is advertised well in my city. Bus stops etc. I didnt hate on GT, just said it has amazing competition.