By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of war III looks amazing. Another graphical beast

demon123 said:

criminalminds, can u tell me one game on the xbox which makes you wow graphically? One game that compares to MGS4, Killzone or uncharted 2?

Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball. I know many of people that bought an Xbox for that game.

OT: The graphics look great, but a little overboard on the gore factor. You want people to be impressed, not throw up.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Sardauk said:
CGI-Quality said:
ph4nt said:
demon123 said:

Well, if you read the article, 20000 polygons have been used to make the main character. The textures used are double that have been used for gears of war 2. When this is finished, it will be the best looking console game this generation.

If you are talking about standards then yes ps3 has set a very high example. I do not believe any console will be able to match it.

Technically Match? probably not. But the difference between the most highly polished PS3 game will still be only marginally better than a 360 game, to the point where most people won't notice the difference.

Next generation I can say this model has 100000 polygons and four times the textures and most people wouldn't be able to notice a difference. We are to the point where doubling the polygons and texture quality is hard to notice, and next generation will probably be the smallest visual leap in console gaming history (power increase may be the same, but it won't directly translate into huge visual jumps).

As of now, Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 are noticably ahead of the prettiest 360 games, IMO. I'm certain this will change though...but I think the PS3 will remain ahead for the rest of the gen, in refrence to visuals. Doesn't matter though, they both provide beautiful experiences, so one being better than the other is just ammo, not anything worth debating.

Ok lets all wear this and pretend this is true

Don't quite get this, but ok...

It's for S&M, kind of kinky. Makes you concentrate on what's in front of you when your getting it on.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

My problem with GoW games is that the camera is always panned back too far. I guess it needs to be, but it always makes me feel like I'm not a part of the action. Plus, who can spot great details from that distance?

Looks very impressive to me. I'm just waiting for the God of War collection to hit the EU as I've only played the PSP version so far.

d21lewis said:
Like the other 360 owners in this thread (it's true! look at the badges!) I'm not really that impressed, yet. Show me some titties. Then, we'll talk.

20,000 polygons per titty would be awesome.

Around the Network

1. Substance. Content is king. Threads lacking content can and will be locked. Some tips to keep you and your posts out of trouble:
    • Do not post just a link. Links have context - expound upon that context. For example, Mario Piano Videos. Post a link, but also give some background on what the link is to, or better yet, comment on how Mario has influenced pop culture. This way, it's not just a link and run. Remember: the reader's interest is not only in the link, its in what you have to say about it, how you make sense of what would otherwise be a blind link (and a subsequent poor thread). The only exception to this rule is for game patches - bearing in mind rule 2, go ahead and get that link posted as fast as possible.
    • Do not post only that Item A sucks, or that Item B is better than Item C. Give reasons why, post links to documented problems, of screenshots, or whatever you can. Similarly, do not reply to other posters with "you're wrong." Explain why you disagree, and perhaps point to the correct answer.
    • No "In Before The Lock" (IBTL) posts. Repeat offenders will be warned, and disciplinary action will be taken if those warnings are not heeded.
    • No posts specifically to to say that a poster or the thread sucks, either with words or pictures.
    • When introducing a new game to the community, give context. What is the game about? Is it part of a franchise? Does it share similarities with other games? What does it do in a new or different way?
    • No spoilers in threads which are not clearly marked for them. One year is the cutoff under which a 'spoiler' becomes 'general information', which can be discussed in any thread at any time.
    • Spam, or multiple short replies in a row without any substance, is not allowed. Explain and justify your opinions. If you have nothing to add to a topic, then go to another topic and post in there instead. Similarly, even if it's well defended, repeating your opinion about a console or game multiple times is also spamming.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o