By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of war III looks amazing. Another graphical beast

criminalminds, can u tell me one game on the xbox which makes you wow graphically? One game that compares to MGS4, Killzone or uncharted 2?

Around the Network
demon123 said:

Well, if you read the article, 20000 polygons have been used to make the main character. The textures used are double that have been used for gears of war 2. When this is finished, it will be the best looking console game this generation.

If you are talking about standards then yes ps3 has set a very high example. I do not believe any console will be able to match it.

Technically Match? probably not. But the difference between the most highly polished PS3 game will still be only marginally better than a 360 game, to the point where most people won't notice the difference.

Next generation I can say this model has 100000 polygons and four times the textures and most people wouldn't be able to notice a difference. We are to the point where doubling the polygons and texture quality is hard to notice, and next generation will probably be the smallest visual leap in console gaming history (power increase may be the same, but it won't directly translate into huge visual jumps).

demon123 said:

criminalminds, can u tell me one game on the xbox which makes you wow graphically? One game that compares to MGS4, Killzone or uncharted 2?

I don't know why I'm saying this, but Gears of War.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

ph4nt if you can only see a slight difference then you need take off your xbox biased glasses.

Hey demon123, I know I mentioned the 360 first, but l was only kidding. Let's not make it about that.

Around the Network
demon123 said:

God of War 3 is going to be an awesome game!!!

*Fixed* Putting the train back on track

Kantor said:
criminalminds said:
Is it just me or has every single bit on God of War III just not been as "graphically outstanding" as was originally hyped by David Jaffe. I mean, everything I see from videos to screenshots just looks average/standard for this generation graphics.

Be careful, there. The average graphics for this generation are the graphics in games like Prototype, Saint's Row 2 and Resistance. Don't confuse "average for this generation" with "average for a blockbuster title", which is actually an extremely high standard. Not every game looks like Gears, Uncharted and Killzone.

thank you for this, I almost lost faith in manking with the previous comments

But he is talking about the xbox. I wanted this thread to be about GOW III not a console war.

CGI-Quality said:
ph4nt said:
demon123 said:

Well, if you read the article, 20000 polygons have been used to make the main character. The textures used are double that have been used for gears of war 2. When this is finished, it will be the best looking console game this generation.

If you are talking about standards then yes ps3 has set a very high example. I do not believe any console will be able to match it.

Technically Match? probably not. But the difference between the most highly polished PS3 game will still be only marginally better than a 360 game, to the point where most people won't notice the difference.

Next generation I can say this model has 100000 polygons and four times the textures and most people wouldn't be able to notice a difference. We are to the point where doubling the polygons and texture quality is hard to notice, and next generation will probably be the smallest visual leap in console gaming history (power increase may be the same, but it won't directly translate into huge visual jumps).

As of now, Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 are noticably ahead of the prettiest 360 games, IMO. I'm certain this will change though...but I think the PS3 will remain ahead for the rest of the gen, in refrence to visuals. Doesn't matter though, they both provide beautiful experiences, so one being better than the other is just ammo, not anything worth debating.

Ok lets all wear this and pretend this is true

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

demon123 said:

God of War 3 WOOT!!!