By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of war III looks amazing. Another graphical beast

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/103/1037376p1.html

Around the Network

After being impressed by this generations visuals the first couple years, I am now no longer impressed since stuff like this is now standard. Or maybe i've been playing too many PC games lately.

Is it just me or has every single bit on God of War III just not been as "graphically outstanding" as was originally hyped by David Jaffe. I mean, everything I see from videos to screenshots just looks average/standard for this generation graphics.

Definitely impressive. And to think that there's still 5-6 months of polishing left.

criminalminds said:
Is it just me or has every single bit on God of War III just not been as "graphically outstanding" as was originally hyped by David Jaffe. I mean, everything I see from videos to screenshots just looks average/standard for this generation graphics.

Be careful, there. The average graphics for this generation are the graphics in games like Prototype, Saint's Row 2 and Resistance. Don't confuse "average for this generation" with "average for a blockbuster title", which is actually an extremely high standard. Not every game looks like Gears, Uncharted and Killzone.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

god of war 3 looks amazing, no one can deny that. it maybe the standard now, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the game still looks amazing!! haha, and yes, this generation, graphics have been so great!!! lol, i can't wait for next gen. =P

End of 2010 Predictions (Original Prediction Made: Jan. 1, 2010---Revised April 1, 2010---Revised Again July 1, 2010---Revised Again on Nov. 1, 2010)

PS3: 46 MIL (April Revision: 44 MIL, July Revision 43 MIL, Nov. Revision 45MIL)

360: 44 MIL (April Revision: 46 MIL, July Revision: 48 MIL, Nov. Revision 49MIL)

WII: 82 MIL (Apr. Revision: 84 MIL, Jul. Revision: 82 MIL, Nov. Revision: 82MIL)

THE MUST BUY LIST of 2010: Gran Turismo 5

THE BOUGHT LIST of 2010: White Knight Chrnociles, Heavy Rain, Final Fantasy 13, God of War 3, Modnation Racers, Sports Champions

Well, if you read the article, 20000 polygons have been used to make the main character. The textures used are double that have been used for gears of war 2. When this is finished, it will be the best looking console game this generation.

If you are talking about standards then yes ps3 has set a very high example. I do not believe any console will be able to match it.

Like the other 360 owners in this thread (it's true! look at the badges!) I'm not really that impressed, yet. Show me some titties. Then, we'll talk.

Kantor said:
criminalminds said:

Be careful, there. The average graphics for this generation are the graphics in games like Prototype, Saint's Row 2 and Resistance. Don't confuse "average for this generation" with "average for a blockbuster title", which is actually an extremely high standard. Not every game looks like Gears, Uncharted and Killzone.

Sorry.  Yes this is what I meant.  It looks like the average or expected level for a AAA game this generation.  I just don't see anything in God of War III graphics that make me go "WOW", ya know?  Maybe because of David Jaffe's over-the-top hyping?

demon123 said:

Well, if you read the article, 20000 polygons have been used to make the main character. The textures used are double that have been used for gears of war 2. When this is finished, it will be the best looking console game this generation.

If you are talking about standards then yes ps3 has set a very high example. I do not believe any console will be able to match it.

I don't think this is accurate.  If it is please link me to the details?

Also, I just don't see this game EVER being considered the best looking console game so far.  Uncharted 2 looks leaps and bounds better than anything I've seen for God of War III.