By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Who got Windows 7?

My post meant did anyone else notice some major/minor graphical/physics updates? Like I mentioned for me on FFXI. I mean, my Paladin was attacking REALLY fast (including the Goblin Smithy) and more fluidly than before. Plus my character ran more fluidly as well. And my armor/weapons and the Goblin's armor was all shiny too.

Around the Network

Think I will stick with XP Home until I upgrade the computer next year.

I self built with a sort of low power ECO theme

Low Power AMD chip and low Wattage PSU

So far so good 18 months of trouble free use. Not so much as a single crash and only one virus to date

If it aint broke !

Runs perfect ! (although I'd like to add that I hadn't a single problem with Vista even without any Service Pack. Never bothered to install them cause you should never change a winning team )

If you have windows xp, you will most likely need to buy a new pc or laptop to run windows 7, if you have vista already it would be retarded to not get windows 7. Overall Snow Leopard is still better then it but Microsoft is heading in the right direction.

@soriku yes its more safer, without the constant warning messages vista had.

Around the Network

Ugh, the student deal offered from Digital River is a pain in the butt.

After some tinkering, I was able to get it onto an ISO and burned to a disk and installed. However, the product key wouldn't work and I was lucky enough to find another work around where you left it blank to finish the installation and then ran the windows 7 installer again (I guess it's the same thing you could do in Vista).

I am currently using Windows 7 and what can i say it is fast and fluid. I have yet to recieve and error, lag or any such problem.

I am loving the task bar and all the shortcuts to jump to stuff quickly, sooo user friendly. I can find exactly what i want and not have to troll through files like XP.

Soriku said:
I have Premium Vista and like it. I'm getting Windows 7 though. So Windows 7 is faster? Cool. What about security? Is it a lot safer?

You should really only have security issues on your computer in the first place if you're doing stupid things like installing programs of dubious origin, or using shit like Limewire or whatever.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89

Yup, I got a brand new Acer laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. It's really fast, a really solid OS. Much more reliable than Vista.

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com

I was pretty shocked that it reformatted the hard drive and installed as quick as it did.

I need to redo it though so I can partition some space to keep using XP for whatever doesn't play nice with Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

I need more ram now, lol. 2gigs isn't going to cut it.