By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Who got Windows 7?

i'm sure i'll end up using windows 7 for work one of these day but not anytime too soon. my personal computer is still on xp and i'm pretty sure when i get around to replacing it i'll be getting a macbook instead.

Around the Network

I have it RIGHT NOW!

Microsoft Windows7 in my hands baby!

My Gaming Setup

awesome, I might get it soon

^Hey I'm in the picture ^_^

Train wreck said:
I have Windows 7 Ultimate (which I got free) running on my Mac through Parallels. Its alright no big change from vista imo

you can run windows 7 on mac?????? dang im behind

Around the Network

I did the student deal for the Windows 7 Professional 64-bit upgrade.

Haven't done anything yet as I still need to back stuff up.

Truballa said:
Train wreck said:
I have Windows 7 Ultimate (which I got free) running on my Mac through Parallels. Its alright no big change from vista imo

you can run windows 7 on mac?????? dang im behind

Of course you cans, Macs use all the exact same hardware as any other computer.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89

I'm thinking about getting the Professional version since it's only $30 for students.

For those of you who do have it, is it good? (Better than Vista?)
Also, I've never installed another OS before, so is it pretty simple? I was trying to look it up online, but I didn't get much help.

It's great. Vista was nowhere as bad as people would have you believe, but nevertheless, Windows 7 is a superb OS.

Installation's a doddle. Make sure you back up everything you want and have install discs or downloads for all your programs as a clean install is by far the best way to upgrade your OS.

Well, I recently bought a new laptop and ordered my free upgrade from Toshiba. But a few days ago, I get a mail that Toshiba is having troubles providing a disc with Windows 7 drivers, so I'll have to wait for them to get it made. If all goes as planned, I should have Windows 7 by december >_>

Anyway, I've been running the RC on my old laptop, and it is by far my favorite OS to date. I'm curious to see how it will run on my new laptop, seeing as the RC supposedly still had some debug code running and was of course not the final release.

Finally, I don't understand the Vista hate either. I had Vista on my old laptop for quite some time, and I had to reformat back to XP at one point, and XP just felt really old. It's the same for me now that I'm sitting with Vista after I had gotten used to Windows 7. It feels very much outdated!