By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - new info on ign nintendo game (all aboard/get off the hype train)

kopstudent89 said:
mario kart? i doubt they'll release a new mario kart now... mario tennis with motion plus would probably fit?

Re-read the OP and insert Mario Kart in there.

Don't know why this game wasn't revealed today. I know Nintendo showed it to most of the sites yesterday. I'm sure we'll get the full scoop soon enough.

This could obviously be and mean anything.

I don't know why Nintendo is making people wait so long for this announcement. I am reluctant to provide any more details than I already have, but trust me at this point when I say there won't be too many people out there who will be blown away when this one gets revealed.

A Mario Kart sequel could very well not blow anyone away because it could be seen as unecessary.

I'd say less cool in concept, but most likely a better game when it's all said and done

Mario Kart is obviously known to be a good series and but it could be seen as uncool in concept, depending on how he meant to word that.

There is one interesting aspect to the title that hasn't been fully revealed yet. The ultimate quality of this title may hinge on how well this aspect is executed

This could have a major change to the series to warrant the release. Maybe they found out how to get Motion Plus to help it out? Maybe it's a Vitality Sensor game? Maybe it just has something in-game that is going to change the series?

I don't think anyone will be able to guess what this game is. I never would have expected this title to be in the works.

This is why I first began to think it might be a sequel to a game we only usually get one of. No one would expect a Mario Kart sequel to be in the works and no one would ever guess it (other than me!).

I was actually excited about it when I first heard what it was, but after more details made it my way, it no longer seemed nearly as appealing. It's still a cool idea, just not one that anyone asked for or expected.

This could very well be about something no one asked for or expected in regards to the game itself, something within the game as far as the new features, or both.

I don't think these two games have anything to do with each other. Martinet must have been referring to something further down the line.

This is in regards to the Mario voice actor that said there's another title in the works. The person here refers to this game as him not thinking the two games are the same, which to me means Mario will be in this game in some capactiy to put doubt into his mind that maybe they are or aren't the same game. So obviously whatever this is, Mario is in it, but probably not known to be talking.

can state with absolute certainty that it is NOT that Pokemon game. It is something that came out of nowhere and shocked the hell out of me. That's not to say that it's a Megaton-level announcement, just that I certainly didn't expect it.

Mario Kart is a very big series, but it just doesn't have the oomph factor regarding announcements that Mario, Zelda and Metroid have. It would however be highly unexpected. Up until here, I thought it might also be a new Smash Bros. but SB would definitely be Megaton level.

I'd have to say that my hype level is somewhat low for the title, despite the fact that I'm certain it'll be a really stellar game. I can understand why Matt and Craig don't sound completely blown away by it, even though it had to have caught them off guard too. 7

This can definitely mean Mario Kart. It's hype level could be low because it's seen as unecessary, but it's certain to be a stellar game because it's Mario Kart. I'm not sure about Matt and Craig but they may have been some of the IGN staff crapping on Mario Kart when it came out. Can't be sure there.

I suppose some people will be sad about it, but I know that I won't. It's definitely not something that anyone has considered yet. I think sites will have previews for the title going up tomorrow, so there shouldn't be too much waiting left. I'm certain that many of the people on this board (at the very least) will be psyched about the game, just not as psyched as we all want to be over a mysterious Nintendo announcement.

Some people might be said because they don't want another Mario Kart and might want Nintendo to come out with a billion other games that haven't seen the light of day yet. This also might explain the last sentence, since Nintendo fans might not be as psyched since so many are perfectly happy with Mario Kart Wii.

The reason why it's unexpected is that it's just really an odd time to make the announcement, just looking back on the Nintendo-published Wii games we have gotten in the past year or so.

This originally clued me into it being a sequel to a game that came out either this year or in 2008. Mario Kart seems to be the best fit. Why else would this be an odd time to make an announcement because of the titles Nintendo has released over the last year or so?

I also would not say that I am not at all excited for the game, just that it's not too easy to get totally hyped for without knowing more details than just the franchise it's from. I'm sure once the previews actually hit tomorrow that I will be more excited than I am now.

This could be another sentence stemming from Mario Kart Wii 2 being un-needed or unwanted in the library. Maybe there wasn't enough info given to him other than it being Mario Kart and a mention of it's new features and/or peripheral support.

This is my entire reasoning broken back into the original bolded statements.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

if that is true, i would love another mario kart.

but it's un-needed. the one out now is still selling about 100k a week.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

vonboysp said:

Precisely my point. There's many comments form the IGN employee that go in the direction of this being a game that isn't necessary. Also look at Wii Fit+. With how Wii Fit was selling, was that game needed? Nope. Maybe they have a similar evolution of Mario Kart Wii and are willing to possibly kill the sales of the former to get larger sales numbers from a new version, just like Wii Fit.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I am guessing Wii Music 2 to compete with Rockband and GH. That will be unexpected and awesome for wii owners. I bet it will sell lots

RolStoppable said:
Onyxmeth said:
vonboysp said:

Precisely my point. There's many comments form the IGN employee that go in the direction of this being a game that isn't necessary. Also look at Wii Fit+. With how Wii Fit was selling, was that game needed? Nope. Maybe they have a similar evolution of Mario Kart Wii and are willing to possibly kill the sales of the former to get larger sales numbers from a new version, just like Wii Fit.

I hope you are wrong. I really do.

If Rol has to learn new tracks or mechanics then his head is goign to blow up.

Around the Network

@ Onyxmeth

I highly doubt that the person is referring to Mario Kart. I can see where your coming from, but I don't agree with your analysis at all.

The timing of a game being unusual, or the game itself being unexpected could mean just about anything. As an example, an announcement of a 2D Donkey Kong Country for the Wii with New Super Mario Bros Wii on the horizon would be very unexpected and the timing would be unusual.

are we sure its even a Wii game?

hell might be Mario Kart DS 2

O-D-C said:
are we sure its even a Wii game?

hell might be Mario Kart DS 2

They aren't going to release a new Mario Kart this gen.  They've already released 2 and both are still selling well.  Better than anyone projected, including Nintendo.  You don't release a new game when the old one is still selling better than most new games that get released.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

I still think the most probable outcome to this will be a spin-off to an established franchise.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies