By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Dead Space Extraction is a MAJOR flop - we need to talk about it

silicon said:
Carl2291 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Third parties just don't get it, Wii gamers like quality, we have Nintendo, so all that stuff that PS360 fans are willing to stomach just won't fly on the Wii, you want to sell on the Wii you have to be as good or better than Nintendo, you have to bring the fun

You do realize that 360 and PS3 gamers have more quality games then the Wii right? Even when you factor in Exclusives the Wii is last for number of games that have over 90+ on metacritic. Its not about us Stomaching anything, we have an abundance of quality.

When it comes to exclusives, Wii has more AAA exclusives than PS3 and 360.

What makes a title a AAA exclusive?

90+ over Metacritic

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network
ShadowSoldier said:
Carl2291 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Third parties just don't get it, Wii gamers like quality, we have Nintendo, so all that stuff that PS360 fans are willing to stomach just won't fly on the Wii, you want to sell on the Wii you have to be as good or better than Nintendo, you have to bring the fun

You do realize that 360 and PS3 gamers have more quality games then the Wii right? Even when you factor in Exclusives the Wii is last for number of games that have over 90+ on metacritic. Its not about us Stomaching anything, we have an abundance of quality.

You sure? Im only counting 5. ( I don't count Okami and RE4: Wii exclusives, since I can play them on my PS2) PS360 both have 6 games you can buy at Retail scoring in the 90+ range

If you dont count Okami and RE4, then it is 6. I just counted games that haven't been released on another platform this gen, but i can see why you wouldn't count them.

@silicon. An exclusive game at 90+ on meta/gamerankings (whichever one of those you prefer to use).

Carl2291 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Carl2291 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

You sure? Im only counting 5. ( I don't count Okami and RE4: Wii exclusives, since I can play them on my PS2) PS360 both have 6 games you can buy at Retail scoring in the 90+ range

If you dont count Okami and RE4, then it is 6. I just counted games that haven't been released on another platform this gen, but i can see why you wouldn't count them.

@silicon. An exclusive game at 90+ on meta/gamerankings (whichever one of those you prefer to use).

Ahhh I see where we differ, I didnt count Metroid Trilogy for the same reasons and since it's essentially a re-release

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

it's there own fault, they dident wanted to take a risk and make a real sequel, they took the easy and fast root with an on-rails shooter.

and now answer teh question for urself :

"how well would an on-rails shooter sell on xbox360 or ps3? exactly not well either"

Improvements are caused by people who complain

Just imagine Nintendo announcing Super mario galaxy 3 for PS3/X360. Only instead of regular Mario fare, you get a Soul Calibur Ivy - Peach, a muscle bound Mario, and lots of shooting. Would you buy that?

In the case of Dead Space extraction, something like that happened.

Around the Network

RiiiiiiiiiiGht

Carl2291 said:

I counted 3 of them. Super mario galaxy, Smash bros brawl and metroid prime 3. What are the remaining 3?

World of goo?  Twilight princess? Rock band 2? Metroid prime trilogy? MP1&2 are GC games so unless you are counting MP3 twice, wii has only 3 exclusive 90+ games.

Ps3 has 5 90+ exclusive games and 360 has 4.

ShadowSoldier said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Reviews, metacritic , do you really think most consumers care about reviews?  Have ever heard of metacritic?  The market doesn't care if a game is highly reviewed, its why games like Wii sports can be poorly reviewed, but be one of the most well recieved games of all time, people had Wii parties because of Wii sports, and cared not one bit whether some reviwer gave it a bad review, those same people would probably get bored of a game like dead space in minutes.

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

'no *poing* sound when you jump = low sells on the Wii'.

lol

PSN - hanafuda

Avinash_Tyagi said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Reviews, metacritic , do you really think most consumers care about reviews?  Have ever heard of metacritic?  The market doesn't care if a game is highly reviewed, its why games like Wii sports can be poorly reviewed, but be one of the most well recieved games of all time, people had Wii parties because of Wii sports, and cared not one bit whether some reviwer gave it a bad review, those same people would probably get bored of a game like dead space in minutes.

Weren't you banned few hours ago?