By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

*enters thread* "Damn. where did I put my troll repellent?" *leaves thread*

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network
ironman said:
*enters thread* "Damn. where did I put my troll repellent?" *leaves thread*

ROFLOL!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Pet peeve of mine. It's not "Blueray". It's Blu-ray or BRD for short.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

damndl0ser said:
Fufinu said:
Last I heard wasn't blu-ray useless and/or over-rated?

Blu-Ray is nice, but I wouldn't say its as big of a step up from lets say vhs to dvd.

If you can get a really good player for around $100 bucks then its well worth it.  As long as they can get the price per movie down closer to what a regular dvd's price is.  Until that happens it will never have the mainstream acceptance as that of DVD.  Just my $.02...

Anybody who says this kind of thing has obviously not watched an excellent quality Blu-ray movie on a decent display with lossless surround.  Blu-ray has completely killed DVD for me.  I can't even look at most of my DVDs anymore.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

dougsdad0629 said:
Pet peeve of mine. It's not "Blueray". It's Blu-ray or BRD for short.

IT WAS A TYPO...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

Around the Network

Major Nelson debunks the statements of Ballmer pretty quickly....YES!

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2009/10/22/we-have-no-plans-for-blu-ray-on-xbox-360.aspx

I want EVERY free 360 development dollar spent on new software to make Natal a greater success.

heruamon said:

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2009/10/22/we-have-no-plans-for-blu-ray-on-xbox-360.aspx

I want EVERY free 360 development dollar spent on new software to make Natal a greater success.

There would be no extra money spent on this,  Toshiba made the HD-DVD add on, they would likely make this.  They were actually reumored to be doing so a while back

360 doesn't need a blu-ray movie player. It's a useless accessory as the stand-alone bd players are much cheaper now. It's also making the 299$ PS3 look expensive when you can buy a bluray player for under 200$.

reptile168 said:
360 doesn't need a blu-ray movie player. It's a useless accessory as the stand-alone bd players are much cheaper now. It's also making the 299$ PS3 look expensive when you can buy a bluray player for under 200$.

Against my better judgment, I am back...but only to coorect the above statement. Bluray players are $98.99 @ walmart.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Vetteman94 said:
heruamon said:

There would be no extra money spent on this,  Toshiba made the HD-DVD add on, they would likely make this.  They were actually reumored to be doing so a while back

And is the add-on going to magically integrate into XBL?