By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

if its gonna be accesorie MS will charge a probably at least 100 dollars for it they overprice every freaking thing they have for the 360 its just insane

Around the Network
player1 said:
what an irony. MS is going to pay Sony for using the blu ray format,lol.

The industry is full of irony.  I read that BluRay uses some kind of MS software or Toshiba (HD-DVD) helped building the PS3 or Sony using PGR to promote PS3. It is a strange industry.

And it is about time people notice that BluRay is not only a Sony product. Quite a few companies are involved.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

player1 said:

Much like the same way Sony pays Microsoft for every blu-ray player as well?  Microsoft holds some codec patents that are used in blu-ray.

http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/09/01/1444254

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

DirtyP2002 said:
player1 said:

The industry is full of irony.  I read that BluRay uses some kind of MS software or Toshiba (HD-DVD) helped building the PS3 or Sony using PGR to promote PS3. It is a strange industry.

And it is about time people notice that BluRay is not only a Sony product. Quite a few companies are involved.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc_Association

I know right...M$ would be paying to the consortium...anyway...considering all the stuff M$ gets licensing from...they will manage to squeak by...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Too late to use it for games. Next Xbox will either have blu-ray or digital distribution. DVD is on its way out for games.

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
player1 said:

Yeah, aren't there about 9 that own the rights?

Last I heard wasn't blu-ray useless and/or over-rated?

Fufinu said:
Last I heard wasn't blu-ray useless and/or over-rated?

Blu-Ray is nice, but I wouldn't say its as big of a step up from lets say vhs to dvd.

If you can get a really good player for around $100 bucks then its well worth it.  As long as they can get the price per movie down closer to what a regular dvd's price is.  Until that happens it will never have the mainstream acceptance as that of DVD.  Just my $.02...

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Wooo Sony and Microsoft are teaming up to defeat the Wii muahahahahahah
no trolling

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

@ player 1
do you know how much it pays if it want to use it?