By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK stores are reporting a potential ps3 sell out

i can get you guys pictures of stores with dozens of PS3's left here in Holland but frankly i cba cause it was to be expected since there were quite few pre-orders.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

I went to Saturn yesterday to buy a new Wii points card (Mario World, Super Metroid, a Link to the past...) and was pretty shocked: Just 10 of the 40 PS3 were sold they told me there. Even worse they got a shipment of Wii´s and they sold them in just 4 hours or so - when I arrived at 3pm they were sold out - of Wii´s. And while I stayed there and watched for potential PS3 owners 3 people asked for the Wii and left without a console while just 2 people buyed a PS3. In Paris, 50 of the 1000 consoles ready at the Eiffeltower were sold. In the UK IGN reports the PS3 sold well but more people asked for Wii at the same time (did anybody even read the IGN article?) So that´s what I consider a mediocre launch. Not a big event.

I think all of you should stop talking about Wii's sold out status. It's pathetic. To the biggest store (Media Markt) in city of 600k citizens Nintendo provides 5 (!) units of Wii per shipment (hmm, maybe it's a bad example because these units are still on shelves...). There won't be a problem with Wii availability if they start to provide a bit more descent shipments. Wii is selling strong but sold out status is an effect of low shipments. I think start in Europe is pretty descent, the question is what next. Will it keep the positive flow. Even in France PS3 is number one on amazon.fr while Wii is at slot 10 and it's available. Want one? Try amazon.fr. Wii for N-fanboy

kber81 said: I think all of you should stop talking about Wii's sold out status. It's pathetic. To the biggest store (Media Markt) in city of 600k citizens Nintendo provides 5 (!) units of Wii per shipment (hmm, maybe it's a bad example because these units are still on shelves...). There won't be problem with Wii availability if they start to provide a bit more descent shipments. Wii is selling strong but sold out status is an effect of low shipments. I think start in Europe is pretty descent, the question is what next. Will it keep the positive flow. Even in France PS3 is number one on amazon.fr while Wii is at slot 10 and it's available. Want one? Try amazon.fr. Wii for N-fanboy
` Console Nintendo Wii - Sports Pack de Nintendo Plate-forme: Nintendo Wii Moyenne des commentaires client : Habituellement expédié sous 1 à 2 mois ( Usally shipped under 1 to 2 mounth ) Its not in stock kber81.

Tabarnacos said: Its not in stock kber81.
? ? ? Hmm, it looks like I've just sold one (probably last one of 7 units shipped...) Wii for Nintendo. Amazon should pay me for an advertise

Around the Network

kber81 said: I think all of you should stop talking about Wii's sold out status. It's pathetic. To the biggest store (Media Markt) in city of 600k citizens Nintendo provides 5 (!) units of Wii per shipment (hmm, maybe it's a bad example because these units are still on shelves...). There won't be a problem with Wii availability if they start to provide a bit more descent shipments. Wii is selling strong but sold out status is an effect of low shipments. I think start in Europe is pretty descent, the question is what next. Will it keep the positive flow. Even in France PS3 is number one on amazon.fr while Wii is at slot 10 and it's available. Want one? Try amazon.fr. Wii for N-fanboy
Well, if I go to Saturn and 3 Wii´s are sold at the same time the launching PS3 sells 2 units am I really not allowed to say the Wii sells better than the PS3? I don´t care what is the case in the US but in germany Wii is still sold out. That´s all. And as far as I see they shipped 350k units to the Us in february which is more than Sony or Microsoft shipped (otherwise they would be silly, shipping 500k consoles and just sell the half of them ) EDIT: BTW my first post was about 3 people ASKING for Wii while 2 poeple buyed a PS3 so Wii has still higher demand. Saying the shipments are low is just an execuse for people like Kwaad and Washimul to make their PS3 look better. Of course if Nintendo would ship more it would sell more too. But does this really matter? The Wii is just selling like crazy and still outselling PS3 and 360 in US/ Japan. So saying "nintendo ships to less units" is not an argument...

kber81 said: I think all of you should stop talking about Wii's sold out status. It's pathetic. To the biggest store (Media Markt) in city of 600k citizens Nintendo provides 5 (!) units of Wii per shipment (hmm, maybe it's a bad example because these units are still on shelves...). There won't be a problem with Wii availability if they start to provide a bit more descent shipments. Wii is selling strong but sold out status is an effect of low shipments. I think start in Europe is pretty descent, the question is what next. Will it keep the positive flow. Even in France PS3 is number one on amazon.fr while Wii is at slot 10 and it's available. Want one? Try amazon.fr. Wii for N-fanboy
It depends where you are really its true that Wii shipments are pathetic. Many places I have been the owners have said that they get 1 shipment per month, but I have seen 5 stores that had 10+ after several days. Its unfare that some stores get much more and some never gets it. Of course it depends on how big the store is. My friend waited for his Wii for 4 months before he got it :D

Louie said: Saying the shipments are low is just an execuse for people like Kwaad and Washimul to make their PS3 look better.
Man... I don't need to make PS3 looked batter to me or anyone. PS3 don't need all this discussion, arguments and so on. This system will sell on it's own. I will buy it for sure. Only argument you can provide against it is a price. Nothing more. Descent hardware, great games to come etc. Now PS3 is only for real gamers because of high-price but in few years it will be much more affordable. And you will buy one while PS3 owners will not buy Wii.

in Italy might might be sold out? Lol, this is a pic from an italian store: http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image010ld3.jpg

FishyJoe said: mridul/Washimul/Vengi, do you really think we are that stupid?
Thankyou for your polite welcome FJ :) The fact remainds signs DID say this. I strongly doubt this was needed as there are more then enough PS3's to go around The question I was asking myself at the time was "Why pay £50 deposit when you can easily pre-order it from Amazon.co.uk?" like I did when I got my Wii. For the record I have no intention of getting a PS3 or an Xbox360 anytime soon.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"