By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK stores are reporting a potential ps3 sell out

mridul said:Being a SONY fan myself i do admit Wii would give ps3 very strong competition worldwide but definitely not x360.
This guy can't be washimul

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

Micromania store sold 10.000 PS3 by mid day in France, just like what they predicted (Micromania is the biggest gaming retrailer in France with something like 20% of the French market). They aim to sell something like 15.000 PS3 by the end of the day. Link.

Now Loading... Please Wait!

In the town near me 2 Game stores, Gamestation, Woolworths, Currys, Blockbusterrs and HMV all had signs outside saying they had PS3s available and apart from 1 person in Gamestation buying Virtua Tennis 3 on PS3 (DOH...£50 to sit on your arse and play tennis) there seemed to be little interest with more people looking at the DS and XBOX360 sections. Either Sony supplied a huge numbr to the UK or they really are not selling well.

zsidane said: Micromania store sold 10.000 PS3 by mid day in France, just like what they predicted (Micromania is the biggest gaming retrailer in France with something like 20% of the French market). They aim to sell something like 15.000 PS3 by the end of the day. Link.
there you go!!! ps3 is also no1 on amazon france. 15k in just a single retail chain + 5k for amazon +sales of other retailers +conversion of 60k preorders into sales should see a SOLD OUT TAG on ps3 in a couple of days/week. SEE MIDNIGHT FUD was irrelevant. although 100people turned up for the LAUNCH , 15k consoles were sold by a single retailer chain the very next day

According to the Washimul pull stats out of my ass reporting agency, vgcharts already said that 500k were already sold on launch day.

Around the Network

bdbdbd said: mridul said: mrstickball said: Sad it "might" be sold out, whereas the 360 and Wii launches, it took but a few hours for massive news articles discussing every store being sold out within hours. However, with as many units as the PS3 has in Europe, it'd be semi-hard for it to sell out at such an inflated pricetag. Now we get to see the VGCharts.org numbers for the PS3 start jumping up to a more competitive level. x360 launched with 70k units.. almost 200k ps3s were preordered in UK. ofcourse the Wii is a big thing in UK but no one wants a 360 over there. Being a SONY fan myself i do admit Wii would give ps3 very strong competition worldwide but definitely not x360. Both x360/wii sold 350k units in the whole of their launch week. ps3 beats them both in that case. PS3 launch isn't comparable to 360 or Wii lauch... If there have been more 360s or Wiis than what the demand was, THEN we could make a comparision. Even that you are telling us a fact, that it propably have sold more on the launch day, than Wii or 360. Oh, 360 is selling in UK almost as good as in US and CAN together, if we compare population per sold units. And Scandinavia (Swe, Fin, Nor) is right behind UK. I think the competition from gamers will be between Wii and 360, by any region.
IN UK and EUROPE x360 is the least selling console. DS is dominating the chart followed by PSP (no2 console in UK) followed by PS2 and Wii. http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=12194 In CANADA Wii and DS are the best selling consoles . in JAPAN x360 sells 3k per week the demand for ps3 in CANADA is phenomenal but are not available in large quantities.

mridul said: there you go!!! ps3 is also no1 on amazon france. 15k in just a single retail chain + 5k for amazon +sales of other retailers +conversion of 60k preorders into sales should see a SOLD OUT TAG on ps3 in a couple of days/week. SEE MIDNIGHT FUD was irrelevant. although 100people turned up for the LAUNCH , 15k consoles were sold by a single retailer chain the very next day
If you go and see my link, you'll see that those 10k sold by Micromania were for those who pre-ordered the console... Oh, and in the same link you'll see that 40k 360 have been sold in the first 3 days in France, and 70k for the Wii for the same periode

Now Loading... Please Wait!

mridul said: bdbdbd said: mridul said: mrstickball said: Sad it "might" be sold out, whereas the 360 and Wii launches, it took but a few hours for massive news articles discussing every store being sold out within hours. However, with as many units as the PS3 has in Europe, it'd be semi-hard for it to sell out at such an inflated pricetag. Now we get to see the VGCharts.org numbers for the PS3 start jumping up to a more competitive level. x360 launched with 70k units.. almost 200k ps3s were preordered in UK. ofcourse the Wii is a big thing in UK but no one wants a 360 over there. Being a SONY fan myself i do admit Wii would give ps3 very strong competition worldwide but definitely not x360. Both x360/wii sold 350k units in the whole of their launch week. ps3 beats them both in that case. PS3 launch isn't comparable to 360 or Wii lauch... If there have been more 360s or Wiis than what the demand was, THEN we could make a comparision. Even that you are telling us a fact, that it propably have sold more on the launch day, than Wii or 360. Oh, 360 is selling in UK almost as good as in US and CAN together, if we compare population per sold units. And Scandinavia (Swe, Fin, Nor) is right behind UK. I think the competition from gamers will be between Wii and 360, by any region. IN UK and EUROPE x360 is the least selling console. DS is dominating the chart followed by PSP (no2 console in UK) followed by PS2 and Wii. http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=12194 In CANADA Wii and DS are the best selling consoles . in JAPAN x360 sells 3k per week the demand for ps3 in CANADA is phenomenal but are not available in large quantities.
So the only place that microsoft is strong is in america? ho ho ho

Selling out in 3 hours... a day or a week... is still a million units sold. but apperantly everyone needs hype to think something is succesfull, no wonder Nike can sell crappy shoes that cost $10 to make for over $200

FishyJoe said: According to the Washimul pull stats out of my ass reporting agency, vgcharts already said that 500k were already sold on launch day.
http://www.zdnet.fr/actualites/informatique/0,39040745,39368135,00.htm http://ps3.ign.com/articles/775/775342p1.html http://www.stuff.co.nz/4003077a28.html http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5001&Itemid=2&limit=1&limitstart=0 plus 20 k preorders in AU those links do the talking