By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Where are the Hardcore Wii Nintendo Games?

yushire said:
^^^

This is the reason why Nintendo fans dont get the Wii.

If you really want a core game then buy and support COD MW reflex. Even a million seller of that game in NA alone can send shockwaves on third parties that still ignoring the Wii. And a perfect opprtunity for Treyarch to stomp IW.

Ummm... we already did that with Call of Duty: World at War - which precisely why we are getting Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex...

What a flamebait thread...

Around the Network

Wait? Metroid Prime 3 was designed for GameCube?

If that is true, then ok... but what difference does it make.

Ok I'll do my list too :P

Super Mario Galaxy
LoZ: Wind Waker
LoZ: Twilight Princess
Mario Kart Wii

Mario Kart: Double Dash
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Wii Sports Resort
Super Mario Sunshine
Punch-Out!!
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat
Wii Sports
Luigi's Mansion
Pikmin 2

Mario Strikers Charged Football
Wii Play
Wii Fit

Pikmin
F-Zero GX

Add to the list New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M, Retro Studios new title, Zelda Wii and the countless other Nintendo titles coming in the future and the Wii will really put the GameCube to shame. At the moment it's pretty even really.. I don't have Resident Evil 4 for GameCube on there though.. That'd easily be third on that list between the Zelda titles.

Les't see the Nintendo published games on the Wii:

Mario IP: Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii, Super Paper Mario, Mario Party 8, Mario Strikers Charged, Mario Super Sluggers, New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis.

Wii IP: Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit Plus, Wii Music.

Legend of Zelda IP: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Link's Crossbow Training.

Metroid IP: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Metroid Prime: Trilogy.

Wario IP: WarioWare: Smooth Moves, Wario Land: The Shake Dimension.

Donkey Kong IP: Donkey Kong Barrel Blast, New Play Control! Donkey Kong Jungle Beat.

Pikmin: New Play Control! Pikmin, New Play Control! Pikmin 2.

Misc. IPs: Excite Truck, Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree, Pokémon Battle Revolution, Battalion Wars 2, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Endless Ocean, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Animal Crossing: City Folk, Punch-Out!!, Another Code: R - A Journey into Lost Memories.

Also considering the WiiWare games I say that Nintendo has released a good number of games, which are enjoyed by a lot of people.

TWRoO said:
Wait? Metroid Prime 3 was designed for GameCube?

If that is true, then ok... but what difference does it make.

No it wasn't. Metroid was the first game confirmed for Wii and Retro started working on the new console as soon as Prime 2 was done. Prime 3 was always made with Wii in mind and that shows.

Around the Network

@ OP

yea, I really wish Nintendo made more HARDCORE games like Mario Party, lol.

I LOVE ICELAND!

No, seriously, I want an answer to this, how does Radiant Dawn's presentation take away from it?

TheConduit said:

As a long time Nintendo supported I enjoy all my Nintendo Consoles including my Wii.

As such I am rather confused by Nintendo's marketing strategy for the Wii.

For the Gamecube Nintendo showed alot of support over its short life despite the small size of the install base (22 million) with two star fox games, three Zelda games, a fire emblem games (designed for the console unlike the Wii Fire Emblem), Eternal Darkness, Two Pikmin Games, Two Metroid Games, FOUR mario Party Games and Kriby Air Ride.

Now the Wii  54 million install base three years after Launch has

One Zelda Game originally developed for the Gamecube  TRUE.

A fire emblem game ported to the Wii with lackluster visuals  HUH? SOURCE?

No Eternal Darkness  TRUE. BUT IS THIS A FRANCHISE OR A ONE-OFF GAME?

Two Pikmin Ports  TRUE. THOUGH SUPPOSEDLY A NEW GAME IS UNDER DEVELOPMENT.

No Star Fox TRUE.

One Metroid designed foe the Wii and one collection TRUE.

One Mario Party Game designed for the Gamecube with gamecube visuals and poor motion controls HUH ON GC DESGIN? SOURCE?

No Kirby Games TRUE. BUT THERE HAS NOT BEEN A KIRBY ADVENTURE STYLE GAME SINCE THE N64.

And a whole lot of games with Wii in the title. TRUE. AND THEY HAVE SOLD THE SYSTEM.

Now does anyone think Nintendo has put to much of its resources into the casual market and neglected the hardcore fans many of whom stayed with Nintendo even through the Gamecube era?

This OP uses selective and potentially misleading facts to make its point.

It omits several games from the list (others have mentioed them) and it talks about others as if they were core-accepted (e.g., many complained that four Mario Party games were too many).

It ascribes Game Cube origins to games where it does not seem to have been the case (as far as I know, that list is only Zelda:TP, Super Paper Mario, and DK Barrell Blast. There is no evidence anything else was ever annouced (or in the case of Zelda, released) for the GC.  Admittedly, given the simiarlity between the two systems, it would not be surprising if some elements from the GC games were "ported" to the Wii, however.

Finally, given that the average person buys between 8 and 12 games over the LIFE OF A CONSOLE ... and this generation is expected to last longer for technological and economic reasons, then it would make sense that Nintendo is possibly spreading its releases out a bit more than in the past.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Edouble24 said:
You left out Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Punch Out.

This.

And OP, you can't expect us to swallow your argument when you've taken the entire gamecube library and you know that Nintendo is planning: NSMBwii, Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid other M, Zelda Wii, Pikmin 3, unannounced Retro title.

On top of this they gave us the wii series, and seriously Wii Sports Resort rules.

P.S. I shan't hear a word against Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn. That game is one of my all time favourites.

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Statistically, their output has been the same, just a little more unbalanced (2007 and 2010 see a *lot* more stuff than 08 and 09, for instance)

They are definitely ignoring certain franchises, though that comes back to a lack of development capacity, and their sudden unwillingness to farm games out to 3rd parties (except for Other M, apparently)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.