By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hmm PS3 has sold 4 million more then 360 had last year.

sony just need to learn a few things before the next gen and if they do, then they already have it in the bag. next time they should launch at like $400, launch same time everywhere and the most important one of all, i believe ifn they did this with the ps3 they wuld be crusing now even at $600 and that is LAUNCH AT THE SAME FUCKIN TIME AS XBOX AND DONT GIVE MICROSOFT ANY CHANCE AT ALL! that was really the biggest mistake they made. if they released at the same time everyone would ave bought a ps3 and it would have kept alot of its exclusives.

lol its funny i was just browsing through the previous weeks sales and landed on the week the ps3 slim launched, went over to the comments and some of them made me laugh. lol most people expected the ps3 to drop back to 150k within 2-3 weeks and people even went as far as to say the 360 will outsell the ps3 again 3 weeks after the slim launch, yet here we are 7-8 weeks later and ps3 still hasnt dropped below 200k and is killing the 360! and its outsold it by 100 million since the slim launched.

Around the Network

LTD is what matters. 360 on the market for 10 years = 75 million, vs PS3 on the market for 10 years = 85 million.

does anyone actually think the ps3 is competing with the next xbox and not this one? i cant see sony releasing a new console when microsoft do which should be soon.

loy310 said:
LTD is what matters. 360 on the market for 10 years = 75 million, vs PS3 on the market for 10 years = 85 million.

if ps3 stays on the market for 10 years it will defo pass 100 million

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
does anyone actually think the ps3 is competing with the next xbox and not this one? i cant see sony releasing a new console when microsoft do which should be soon.

The next xbox is gonna compete with the ps4. The difference right now between the ps3 and the 360 is 1 year Let's assume that the next xbox will be released in 2012. The difference in graphics is gonna be huge and therefore attractive to a lot of gamers. Sony has to introduce their new console before 2015, otherwise it will lose to much consumers who can't wait for the new PS4. 

Around the Network

The same point in time sales for PS3 and 360 has been reborn. PS3 has sold 25.5 million consoles since its launch - 3 years ago. 360 sold 21.5 million consoles in its first 3 years from its launch. Same point in time aligning the consoles from their launches and it makes it a very fair comparison. Wow, the PS3 is 4 million consoles in front of the XBox 360.

We all know the PS3 will sell for at least 2 or 3 years longer than the XBox 360. PS3 has a 10 year life- according to Sony. On the other hand the XBox 360 has a 7 or 8 year life span.

The PS3 is selling at 20% faster sales rate than the XBox 360 since its launch. The sales rate of the PS3 is expected to increase over time, whereas the XBox 360 is slowing down in its sales rate. PS3 has more price cuts in its future due to being priced higher than the XBox 360. PS3 has a lot more console selling games in the future which will all sell millions of copies and and sell millions of PS3 consoles. XBox 360 well it has already had most of its exclusive games released and only has Halo:Reach left.

PS3 is well on its way to selling 100 million consoles ltd over its 10 year life span. PS3 is even selling faster than PS1 which managed to sell 107 million consoles.

PS3beats360 said:
The same point in time sales for PS3 and 360 has been reborn. PS3 has sold 25.5 million consoles since its launch - 3 years ago. 360 sold 21.5 million consoles in its first 3 years from its launch. Same point in time aligning the consoles from their launches and it makes it a very fair comparison. Wow, the PS3 is 4 million consoles in front of the XBox 360.

We all know the PS3 will sell for at least 2 or 3 years longer than the XBox 360. PS3 has a 10 year life- according to Sony. On the other hand the XBox 360 has a 7 or 8 year life span.

The PS3 is selling at 20% faster sales rate than the XBox 360 since its launch. The sales rate of the PS3 is expected to increase over time, whereas the XBox 360 is slowing down in its sales rate. PS3 has more price cuts in its future due to being priced higher than the XBox 360. PS3 has a lot more console selling games in the future which will all sell millions of copies and and sell millions of PS3 consoles. XBox 360 well it has already had most of its exclusive games released and only has Halo:Reach left.

PS3 is well on its way to selling 100 million consoles ltd over its 10 year life span. PS3 is even selling faster than PS1 which managed to sell 107 million consoles.

I understand where you are coming from, but your post is filled with assumptions that I would not have made.

1. PS3 will have a 10 year lifespan and the xbox will have a 7 or 8 year lifespan - The only reason you are making this assumption is Sony said: 10 year plan! Remember, they also said that the Xbox costs twice as much as the PS3. And the reason you make the assumption about the xbox can only be that you don't want it to live as long as the PS3.

2. Aligning launches makes a very fair comparison - Decent comparison, yes. But not a very fair one. There are points to it that makes sense, but there are at least as many that doesn't.

3. The sales rate of the PS3 is expected to increase over time, whereas the XBox 360 is slowing down in its sales rate - This assumption can only be based on your wish for the PS3 to outsell the xbox.

4. Xbox only has one console seller left while the PS3 has lots - It probably looks that way from where you are standing. But I can assure you that is not true. And even if it was true today, it's very difficult to predict what games are going to be announced in the near future. It's simply a very stupid assumption to make.

Here are the corresponding assumptions I usually make:

1. The PS3 and the Xbox will most likely have a similar lifespan, with whatever console has the most momentum left when the generation is over having a longer one.

2. Aligning launches can make for good comparison, but the business is too momentumbased for it to be a very good base of judgement.

3. Both HD consoles are likely to peak this year. Dropoff will be dependent on who makes the best moves in the future.

4. Console pushing games are often games that come from nowhere and gain notability in society for the value they bring to gamers. As such they are hard to predict. The game could change any minute, but the odds of a game changing the view of a console as a whole after its first couple of years is very, very slim.

This is invisible text!

Ps3 sold more because Slim Factor.

Next Year NATAL and 360 Slim and its gameOVER to Ps Brand.

Sorry, I don't think there will be a X-box slim. Well mabye if the brick at the end of it got bigger. It will take serious marketing for a peripheral to change the market. The only one that ever really did anything is Wii Fit and I think the Wii was already kicking everyones ass so it's hard to tell.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

Heavenly Sigma said:
Sorry, I don't think there will be a X-box slim. Well mabye if the brick at the end of it got bigger. It will take serious marketing for a peripheral to change the market. The only one that ever really did anything is Wii Fit and I think the Wii was already kicking everyones ass so it's hard to tell.

I bet that you're just kidding but still, the brick would only get smaller because the console would use less power when shrinking the processors.

The odd thing is that MS haven't done this yet and why haven't they dropped the price on the console more compared to the PS3; expanded the potential market?

Last generation MS was blocked by contracts which got in the way of making the hardware costefficient, but that shouldn't be the problem this time around.