By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - yo yo PS3 ima let you have the lime light but...

I never thought I would see Wii fans so excited after being beat by PS3 for the first time ever in America.

I'm not sure why it is a shock either. VGchartz data for the month suggest that PS3 beat Wii by 34,000. NPD data showed 29,000.

I think people forget that the main reasons for it doing so well worldwide were even greater numbers in Others, and a strong Japan launch.

By the way, PS3 numbers are drastically up from last year, Wii numbers are drastically down. Keep in mind both had price cuts.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

PlayStation 3 -- 429.6K

Wii -- 395.7K

Thats VGC data for the month......basically why are you surprised, we knew this already?

i didnt see that. 

but anyhow next months sale will be much more interesting.

hello how are you.

OMG IT'S TOPICAL HUMOR LAWL!!!!!!111!!1!!

PS3 WW numbers were looking AMAZING thanks to EU & Japan

USA was fantastic too, but in USA compared to the wii, it wasn't that fantastic in terms of weekly sales

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Aj_habfan said:
I never thought I would see Wii fans so excited after being beat by PS3 for the first time ever in America.

I'm not sure why it is a shock either. VGchartz data for the month suggest that PS3 beat Wii by 34,000. NPD data showed 29,000.

I think people forget that the main reasons for it doing so well worldwide were even greater numbers in Others, and a strong Japan launch.

By the way, PS3 numbers are drastically up from last year, Wii numbers are drastically down. Keep in mind both had price cuts.

Yes, one had a price cut +redesign in efect for the whole month data. One had a price cut only in effect for the last week of the data. and there's a 30k difference between the two.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.