By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Buy Xbox 360 HD-DVD, get 9 HD-DVDs for free!

are we certain that we can get it with the xbox360 add on? or is it just the toshiba stand alones?

Around the Network

Well, I may just have to put one on my best buy card. Sigh and its almost paid off.

Enlightment said:
It's quit a nice deal.
So they are pushing out all the HD-dvd add-on. Guess they made a lot of them hu :)
Transformers with less audio quality then the Blu-ray version in 2008 ")

Or you can buy a standalone HD-DVD player so you won't wear out your Xbox360, you never know when the RROD might show it's power.

Keep buying it so you can deplete the HD-DVD add-on stock. In 2008/2009 the new SKU will have a HD-DVD player build inside it's which looks cooler then something attached to your Xbox360.

Or you can buy Toshiba's dual player (HD-DVD and Blu-ray) :)

Have phun

Less audio quality on Transformers? Do you have 7.1? Can you tell the difference between 5.1 and 7.1? I can't so I couldn't give 2 shits. Moving on, thank you very much for your concern but I'm almost 2 years with out any RROD problems. Lets see... I think I would rather buy an add on with 9 free movies than buy an additional xbox for hddvd. Although, I'm worried people won't think it looks as cool. (sarcasm) You failed in your smear campaign but if you want to mail me a dual player I'll take one.
leo-j said:
No spiderman 3 for you man?

Saw the movie. It sucked almost as much as you leo.

twesterm said:
That's actually a really nice deal but I still refuse to buy in until there's a clear winner. I really don't want to have the risk of having a dead format and having to keep a player around for that dead format.

Also, how do you get Heroes for free?

It's just a Best Buy deal - the boxset is $99 - so you are really paying just $80 for the player - plus the free movies. I don't care if there's no clear cut winner - give me a free HD player - I'll take it.

ripper said:
are we certain that we can get it with the xbox360 add on? or is it just the toshiba stand alones?

There have been mixed responses. I am going to do it Monday and find out. Even without the two extra movies - which are like $50 - the Heroes, King Kong AND 5 additional movies averages out to a free HD-DVD player.

those *&(&*^(*&^&(* at best buy.... i got my xbox hd dvd player got heroes, grabbed my two movies WHOOPS best buy now says that the xbox versions isnt included. WHAT BS. the ad clearly states the only exclusion is the two free dvds must be 34.99 or less. after talking to the 'manager' who obviously has no real power, I called the 1800 number, spoke to some tool who recited best buys 'policy' on the matter, its not a stand alone blah blah blah... of course the ad said NOTHING about it! so the xbox qualifies for the 5 free send ins but not the 2 extra, makes no 98u&(*& sense. i am pissed

Around the Network

also: it was very obvious to me that they had recieved quite a number of calls about this today~!

twesterm said:
That's actually a really nice deal but I still refuse to buy in until there's a clear winner. I really don't want to have the risk of having a dead format and having to keep a player around for that dead format.

I agree, I'm waiting for a clear winner. 

halfway through transformers I felt very dumb for going to see it. It is absolute brainless crap IMO. I guess if you like to watch heroes and american idol and survivor, then transformers is for you.
But I was just insulted by its lack of class and intelligence.
I understand that the movie wasn't trying to be too realistic- but enough is enough.

I like Shia Labeouf, and who wouldn't love that hot girl in Transformers- but i found myself so frustrated at the fact that, the plot and action sequences are directed towards 11 year old boys.
I could go on all day about this, but I will stop here.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

ultraslick said:
halfway through transformers I felt very dumb for going to see it. It is absolute brainless crap IMO. I guess if you like to watch heroes and american idol and survivor, then transformers is for you.
But I was just insulted by its lack of class and intelligence.
I understand that the movie wasn't trying to be too realistic- but enough is enough.

I like Shia Labeouf, and who wouldn't love that hot girl in Transformers- but i found myself so frustrated at the fact that, the plot and action sequences are directed towards 11 year old boys.
I could go on all day about this, but I will stop here.

Really? I went into the theater expecting the movie to be crap but I was surprised by the movie. It was pretty good, obviously no realism but for a special effects movie it had ehh heart? I don't watch american idol, survivor, or heroes so.. *shrug*

madskillz said:
twesterm said:

It's just a Best Buy deal - the boxset is $99 - so you are really paying just $80 for the player - plus the free movies. I don't care if there's no clear cut winner - give me a free HD player - I'll take it.

It's not that I mind having to pay for the player, but lets say I adopt HD-DVD and it dies off.  For the next few years I can be perfectly happy keeping my 360+HD-DVD addon with no worries.  The problem comes in when I buy the next gen XBox that doesn't have the HD-DVD support (and lets assume the player doesn't connect to the next format since HD-DVD has long since been dead) and I still want to watch my movies. 

I have something over 300 DVD's and that's even after my girlfriend sell a couple hundred of them so I do like to keep my movies around. When I do decide to go HD I will feel the same way.  I'm not worried about my DVD collection because HD players play those, but I won't want to have to rebuy all my HD-DVD movies again.  What's worse, I'll have to go down a step in quality because it's likely that all the HD-DVD movies I have aren't going to be on BluRay.

So yeah, I can handle the price.  It's expensive but it's something I could handle if I needed to.  What I don't want is the idea of either having to keep a dead format player and dead format movies or rebuying my collection and quite possibly have to go down a step in quality rather than up.  I hate the format war because I really do want to buy next gen movies, I just have a problem with the idea of buying a format that could very possibly die off in a few years (HD-DVD or BluRay because there is in no way a clear winner or even one that's really ahead).