By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ten Week Countdown 2009!

TWRoO said:
@koffieboon... do you have your own spreadsheet going? or are you working this out with a calculator.

theproff00 got exactly 45 points from his PSP prediction this week. And you got 74 points for the week.

This week has crushed my predictions, I am hoping the big PS3 increase is purely because it had the best BF bundles (something none of us were to know about 5 weeks ago) which means that while it had a huge increase (more than double week 4) it should drop back more than it did last year for instance, where it barely dropped after BF week.

But why did you stay quiet after it became apparent? :| There were threads dedicated to list the BF offers and yet no one really had the guts to point out these socalled sucky cheaper with more games 360 bundles. THe data was there, the exact same date the consumers had to go on.

This is just as smelly as claiming a game underperformed while it sold more than 3x one's best prediction for it.

Around the Network
OctaBech said:
TWRoO said:
@koffieboon... do you have your own spreadsheet going? or are you working this out with a calculator.

theproff00 got exactly 45 points from his PSP prediction this week. And you got 74 points for the week.

This week has crushed my predictions, I am hoping the big PS3 increase is purely because it had the best BF bundles (something none of us were to know about 5 weeks ago) which means that while it had a huge increase (more than double week 4) it should drop back more than it did last year for instance, where it barely dropped after BF week.

But why did you stay quiet after it became apparent? :| There were threads dedicated to list the BF offers and yet no one really had the guts to point out these socalled sucky cheaper with more games 360 bundles. THe data was there, the exact same date the consumers had to go on.

This is just as smelly as claiming a game underperformed while it sold more than 3x one's best prediction for it.

I am very confused as to what you are inferring.

This thread is full of predictions made 5-6 weeks ago.... as far as I knew back then there were no particular announced BF bundles (though I wasn't looking for them either)

And stay quiet after what became apparent? I don't go on every single thread on this website, I also don't live in America so don't really follow what the BF bundles are.... from last year I just thought because X360 was a more American focused console it naturally got the better boost for this period of the year, but this year (if the PS3 does fall more next week) I will have learnt that it depends a lot on the specific bundles that stores release.

TWRoO said:

I used a spreadsheet as a calculator... so it's your call

As for the PS3 being so high this week, I do think it is likely to see a bigger drop in the Americas next week compared to Wii and Xbox 360 because it had a far bigger increase this week. (Same applies to the DS) But obviously that is just a guess.

*sigh*

I made a mistake with the DS numbers. It has only affected the score of zexen_lowe, who has gained a point.... the ranks are still the same for the week and overall and such, but the DS only rank is now wrong... I am not editing the order as it is a pain, but I have edited all the numbers so you can see zexen has 130 while pineapple below him has 129... it will be fine next week as long as I copy the numbers down correctly.

TWRoO said:
*sigh*

I made a mistake with the DS numbers. It has only affected the score of darthdevidem who is actually now in the top spot.... the ranks are still the same for the week and overall and such, but the DS only rank is now wrong... I am not editing the order as it is a pain, but I have edited all the numbers so you can see darth is over everyone else... it will be fine next week as long as I copy the numbers down correctly.

WOW....that was unexpected!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

If anyone wants a copy of the spreadsheet by the way, I can send it to you if you give me your email.

It's pretty big mind you, runs across 6 sheets (though the 6th doesn't have much on it) And would take a good 40-50 pages if printed on A4.

Most of it is automatic though I do have to do some copy/pasting for certain sections... it's probably possible to get those to run automatically too but it's not much hassle for the little bits that are needed.

darthdevidem01 said:
TWRoO said:
*sigh*

I made a mistake with the DS numbers. It has only affected the score of darthdevidem who is actually now in the top spot.... the ranks are still the same for the week and overall and such, but the DS only rank is now wrong... I am not editing the order as it is a pain, but I have edited all the numbers so you can see darth is over everyone else... it will be fine next week as long as I copy the numbers down correctly.

WOW....that was unexpected!

Give me all your money and I will happliy put you in the top spot.

Number 1 for Wii so far in this game. I'm proud of that. Of course I was about spot on last year as well so no biggie.

Aside from Wii this week, everything else killed me. 360 and PSP under performed and DS and Wii over performed by a huge amount (especially DS).

My only saving grace for the rest of the predictions might be that DS and PS3 just had good bundles and will have huge falloffs compared to the rest the week after to get it back in line with my predictions and the opposite will happen for PSP and 360 and luckily that is completely reasonable. Especially for Ps3 but maybe not so much for DS

Man went from getting owned by DS for too much to about spot on too getting owned for not enough haha.

man, i purposely put the psp at higher levels because I thought it would pick up and prove everyone wrong. Guess I was wrong. What's wrong PSP?

Another graph for you all:

This is the weeks so far in 2009 (solid lines) versus what happened last year (dashed lines).

hmmm, tis a little difficult to see it... but I can't be bothered to change it so

The colours are the types I usually pick for the consoles, so Wii in blue, PS3 in Red, 360 in green, DS in purple and PSP in a purply-reddy-grey-ness