By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Starter Pack (60 GB model) already disappearing in some European countries?

Hmm I saw yesterday still some on the shelves.

Around the Network

Many europeans are flustered over potentially losing backward compatability, and they've rushed of to get the last 60 GB's I think. Can't blame them, had I the dough, I'd do the same!

Mummelmann said:
Many europeans are flustered over potentially losing backward compatability, and they've rushed of to get the last 60 GB's I think. Can't blame them, had I the dough, I'd do the same!

Only to be PWNED when Sony releases the 80GB in Europe that has BC.

A bit underhanded this tactic, but it gets the job done in Europe.

jhlennon1 said:
Sold out in New Zealand in many major retailers and they are constantly waiting for re-directed stock to arrive.

Really? I havent noticed them being sold out at all.

XD just went and checked a NZ online store and this is what the PS3 was tagged. 

Customers have tagged this: overpriced (19) junk (9) awesome (8) the best (7) next gen (5) high definition (5) ps3 (4) new sega dreamcast (3) notgibbons (3) flop (2)

Doesnt really make sense for NZ as in general we arent a Wiilovin country like elsewhere. 

Rath said:
jhlennon1 said:
Sold out in New Zealand in many major retailers and they are constantly waiting for re-directed stock to arrive.

Really? I havent noticed them being sold out at all.

XD just went and checked a NZ online store and this is what the PS3 was tagged.

Customers have tagged this: overpriced (19) junk (9) awesome (8) the best (7) next gen (5) high definition (5) ps3 (4) new sega dreamcast (3) notgibbons (3) flop (2)

Doesnt really make sense for NZ as in general we arent a Wiilovin country like elsewhere.

I don't visit online stores in New Zealand but all retailers that I go to are only displaying 40GB's and say if you want a 60GB they need to order it from elsewhere for you.

Also, the $1199 price that they are currently charging is totally not accurate. That was the price before the price drop. 

Around the Network

In france, nobody want to buy the 399 € 40go pack, because of the spiderman blu-ray 40 go pack, at the same price, in just 10 days...

So all people are buying the starter pack. And it's very difficult to find it anymore. 

Well Poland is a specific place you know, you can't find the 60BG sku in the biggest multimedia retail store, so that's telling something. But i would think of it as an allocation of units, take away the 60gb sku's from Poland to a country in which it can be sold for a better price (UK for example). Especially since the PS3 isn't very popular here (till not so long ago it cost a whole 1 month pay check).

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

The funny thing is that I looked for 40GB sku in Sweden yesterday and I could not find it I checked atleast 5 stores. There are plenty of 60GBs, the only place I have seen 40GB is in online stores.

Hello

I'm a retailer from Belgium and its have been a week already that none of our wholesalers can have Starter Packs anymore.  And from what they say to us, its possible that we wont have them anymore at all.

Bye.

Zones : I still don't understand all the love for Blizzard, what was the last game they developed worth playing?
mrpapaye said:

Hello

I'm a retailer from Belgium and its have been a week already that none of our wholesalers can have Starter Packs anymore. And from what they say to us, its possible that we wont have them anymore at all.

Bye.

Same here in Switzerland. Starter Packs pretty much gone within 6 days. There are contradicting tales from Mediamarkets (Europe's 30000lb gorilla) - some have hinted to get another boatload, some say game over.. we'll see in a week or so if Sony Europe is already out of stock.

addendum: Piles of Starter Packs have reappeared 23/10 so there is still stock around at Sony.