By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mass Effect 2 hits Jan. 26th

From Game Hacks:

Bioware: Mass Effect 2 drops Jan. 26th

Hot off the virtual press ... Mass Effect 2 is coming, coming, coming to 360s and PCs in late January.

From Bioware:

Edmonton, Alberta (October 16, 2009) - Mark your calendar and lock in your copy of Mass Effect 2 now! Leading video game developer BioWare™, a division of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced that the epic Shooter/RPG Mass Effect™ 2 will be on store shelves in North America on January 26, and on January 29 in Europe. With its larger-than-life hero Commander Shepard, intense shooter action, nuanced characters and a rich storyline, the much-anticipated sequel to the original award-winning opus is one of the most anticipated titles of 2010. In support of the launch, BioWare is releasing unique Mass Effect 2 pre-order incentives* at key retailers in North America and across Europe. Codes for downloading these items will be provided to players who have pre-ordered, usable when the game is released.

"Our fans are in for a genuine thrill in the New Year with Mass Effect 2 - the second installment in the trilogy will be of amazingly high quality," said Dr. Ray Muzyka, co-founder, BioWare and Group General Manager of the RPG/MMO Group of EA. "BioWare's fans worldwide have been eagerly awaiting this epic sequel, and we couldn't be more excited to reward them for pre-ordering by delivering some awesome bonus content!"

For the full read, go here: http://blogs.chron.com/gamehacks/2009/10/bioware_mass_effect_2_drops_ja.html

Around the Network

That's awsome..

Wish it was out now to take my mind off my dead PS3 and lack of Demons Souls and Uncharted 2.

i know the core fans of ME will buy this game regardless of the release date but in terms of attracting new customers this really seems like bad timing to me. just too close to the holiday's i would think for many people to be looking for a new game.

This is very interesting. Two months after Dragon Age? Seems a bit early doesn't it?

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Yes! So glad it's not March or something.

"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau

Around the Network

Οk, I'm officially panicked.

OMFG! GOTY releases in January CONFIRMED!

ME2 is gonna be huge. The sequel to the best RPG ever imo. Bring it on.

First day purchase for sure, although I'm hoping Bioware fixed the technical issues that plagued the last one.

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

selnor said:

One person seems pleased

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Serious_frusting said:
selnor said:

One person seems pleased

Yeah just a bit. I played alot of RPG's in my time. Mass Effect grabbed you, swirled you around and wouldn't let you go. Amazing game that I just cant wait to continue. Also my character is awesome. Cant wait to continue to use my character. Oh man. FM3, ME2, SCC, Alan Wake all before June next year. Plus, MGS4, Uncharted and KZ2. I'm in heaven.