By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii tops again!

At last, the Wii gets the place that belongs to it since the PS3's price retail drops. Sales of PS3 were helped, but it didn't last enough. I'm happy the Wii finally tops again the charts and at the same time BEATING the DS in North America, which is.... wow.

Wii will get many great games end 2009 and 2010. I wish the best for Nintendo.

Around the Network

What is notable for me is the Wii holding 90% of its Japan sales, and beating the PS3 there again.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Wii use to always beat the DS in America. Wii would take America, DS would take others and Japan. I would much rather the Wii not be up from a price drop though. That could only mean that it can only go down.

Of note, for those worried about percents Wii is nearing the 50% of total weekly console sales again, so if Wii can make it to 50% marketshare is still up for debate, I know I saw some claims that it couldn't happen with both 360 and PS3 lowering the price.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I don't get why you talk about "not enough" for the ps3.

It's still over 200k.

this next week will have uncharted 2 released for NA, we should see it up to around 230-240k.

My question is this: Why do you say it's "not enough"

It's still selling fantastically.

The wii is in an entire other world, no one ever expected the PS3 to stay ahead of the Wii.
What's important is how long the PS3 can sustain these killer sales of 170k+/week.

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
What is notable for me is the Wii holding 90% of its Japan sales, and beating the PS3 there again.

It seems good, but we were told repeatedly that it would increase this week.

guiduc said:

At last, the Wii gets the place that belongs to it since the PS3's price retail drops. Sales of PS3 were helped, but it didn't last enough. I'm happy the Wii finally tops again the charts and at the same time BEATING the DS in North America, which is.... wow.

Wii will get many great games end 2009 and 2010. I wish the best for Nintendo.

Is it really a WOW factor because it managed a 2000 unit lead on the DS for one week following a major price drop?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

LordTheNightKnight said:

According to MC PS3 still beat the Wii this week. It's a statistical tie considering the differences.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Wii kicks ass every week and there is nothing you people can say that will change this fact.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Aj_habfan said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

It seems good, but we were told repeatedly that it would increase this week.

Officially, or just on boards like this?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs