By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 exclusives, best graphics on any console?

alanshearer said:
Ps3 exclusives are almost a generation ahead of anything on the xbox360. Arguing that is just semantics imo. But as always we have the usual smoke and mirrors from the xbox crowd. The evidence is going to keep hitting everyone with Heavy rain, MLB:the show, god of war, gran turismo 5.

As soon as Uncharted 2 came out, there were quite a few people on the forums defending the 360's graphics capabilities.  That tells you that people KNOW Uncharted 2 has set the bar pretty high and are feeling insecure about it.  That's not to say the 360 isn't worth defending--it's capable of awesome graphics too, it's just that we haven't seen anything like Uncharted 2 on the 360 yet. 

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Domicinator said:
alanshearer said:
Ps3 exclusives are almost a generation ahead of anything on the xbox360. Arguing that is just semantics imo. But as always we have the usual smoke and mirrors from the xbox crowd. The evidence is going to keep hitting everyone with Heavy rain, MLB:the show, god of war, gran turismo 5.

As soon as Uncharted 2 came out, there were quite a few people on the forums defending the 360's graphics capabilities.  That tells you that people KNOW Uncharted 2 has set the bar pretty high and are feeling insecure about it.  That's not to say the 360 isn't worth defending--it's capable of awesome graphics too, it's just that we haven't seen anything like Uncharted 2 on the 360 yet. 

Another excellent post!

I'm not trying to flamebait 360 fans by this post, but have you seen Machinima's Uncharted 2 videos' comments? The hate is unbelievable...Of course, there are Gran Turismo fanboys who do this in Forza videos and vice versa, but I just thought I'd mention it since we're talking about Uncharted 2's graphics.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

CGI-Quality said:
huaxiong90 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Domicinator said:
alanshearer said:

Another excellent post!

I'm not trying to flamebait 360 fans by this post, but have you seen Machinima's Uncharted 2 videos' comments? The hate is unbelievable...Of course, there are Gran Turismo fanboys who do this in Forza videos and vice versa, but I just thought I'd mention it since we're talking about Uncharted 2's graphics.

I have not seen that vid. Have you a link to it?

Here you are: http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments&v=BW-q5coqyUc&fromurl=/watch%3Fv%3DBW-q5coqyUc

Just an example.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Domicinator said:
alanshearer said:

Another excellent post!

It's because 99% of the console war is generated by buyer's remorse.  You talk yourself into thinking the "other" console sucks because you don't have it.  Anything that comes out for that console is then instant garbage.  The better the game is, the more the opposite camp rails on it.  It's a defense mechanism to keep yourself from thinking that you chose the wrong console.  And it fuels the console war.  The hardware manufacturers live and breathe on it. 

On most games, if somebody thinks a game absolutely sucks, I can just chalk it up to "that's your opinion".  With Uncharted 2, I find it really hard to believe if someone thinks the game sucks.  If someone is of that opinion, I'd be willing to bet a good amount of money that he or she simply has not spent very much time with the game.  (If you spend at least 10 minutes with it, you will be wowed.)  The Uncharted series in general has a little something for everybody.  If you can't at least admit that the graphics are amazing, then you just simply haven't played the game on an HDTV.  Simple as that.

I personally think every hardcore gamer should now own a 360 and a PS3.  It's kind of like if you don't vote, you don't have a right to bitch about who gets elected president.  If you haven't played any of the PS3 exclusives or especially if you don't own a PS3, you really have no right to bitch about it.  If you do end up owning both eventually, you will see the error of your ways and feel like an idiot for any past comments you made.  I know first hand---it happened to me two months ago.

Domicinator said:

It's because 99% of the console war is generated by buyer's remorse.  You talk yourself into thinking the "other" console sucks because you don't have it.  Anything that comes out for that console is then instant garbage.  The better the game is, the more the opposite camp rails on it.  It's a defense mechanism to keep yourself from thinking that you chose the wrong console.  And it fuels the console war.  The hardware manufacturers live and breathe on it.

On most games, if somebody thinks a game absolutely sucks, I can just chalk it up to "that's your opinion".  With Uncharted 2, I find it really hard to believe if someone thinks the game sucks.  If someone is of that opinion, I'd be willing to bet a good amount of money that he or she simply has not spent very much time with the game.  (If you spend at least 10 minutes with it, you will be wowed.)  The Uncharted series in general has a little something for everybody.  If you can't at least admit that the graphics are amazing, then you just simply haven't played the game on an HDTV.  Simple as that.

I personally think every hardcore gamer should now own a 360 and a PS3.  It's kind of like if you don't vote, you don't have a right to bitch about who gets elected president.  If you haven't played any of the PS3 exclusives or especially if you don't own a PS3, you really have no right to bitch about it.  If you do end up owning both eventually, you will see the error of your ways and feel like an idiot for any past comments you made.  I know first hand---it happened to me two months ago.

I agree with @CGI-Quality.

Again, excellent post!

Around the Network

@ Domicinator

Then disagree we shall. I have spent a substantial amount of time with both games, and recently (one after the other in fact). As I said earlier, there is a definite advantage to Uncharted 2, but it just isn't a substantial one. Certainly not in any game-changing, console-war-shifting way. It could easily be explained by a year having passed.

I can't tell if the buyer's remorse comments are directed at me or not. I tend to agree with you in general though, on the point that people who shell out large amounts of cash for a console will defend it with sometimes irrational arguments. But I own all three, and my most recent purchase was a PS3 (that I got right BEFORE price drop rumours lol) so if I were to have buyers remorse right now it would be going in the opposite direction.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

the PS3 exclusive game's do have the best grapchics hands down.

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

alanshearer-

PS3 exclusives a generation ahead? Ahead we can accept but a whole generation? Are you serious?

Badassbab said:
alanshearer-

PS3 exclusives a generation ahead? Ahead we can accept but a whole generation? Are you serious?

I agree with this. I will also add that I've never played a game and thought to myself "gee, this game would be so much better if the graphics were better!" Good graphics are nice, and the PS3 is probably capable of producing better graphics, but the way people obsess over them on this site is beyond ridiculous.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

starcraft said:
@ Domicinator

Then disagree we shall. I have spent a substantial amount of time with both games, and recently (one after the other in fact). As I said earlier, there is a definite advantage to Uncharted 2, but it just isn't a substantial one. Certainly not in any game-changing, console-war-shifting way. It could easily be explained by a year having passed.

I can't tell if the buyer's remorse comments are directed at me or not. I tend to agree with you in general though, on the point that people who shell out large amounts of cash for a console will defend it with sometimes irrational arguments. But I own all three, and my most recent purchase was a PS3 (that I got right BEFORE price drop rumours lol) so if I were to have buyers remorse right now it would be going in the opposite direction.

Not pointing anything at you directly, starcraft.  :)  I think you and I usually see eye to eye on most things.

And I do agree with you--It's been almost a full year since Gears 2 came out, and Gears 2 was built on an already aging Unreal Engine 3.  It's only natural that Uncharted 2 looks better.  I think that we're just not on the same page as to exactly how MUCH better.  I actually do think it's substantial.