By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What was your first game for PS3

Well mine came with MGS4 & Pain, but first PS3 game bought separately was Resistance: FoM

Around the Network

My first purchased PS3 game was Ratchet and Clank, though the first game I played on it was Resistance (rented it).

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I got a PS3 40 GB bundle with Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank: tools of destruction. First one played was Ratchet.

RESISTANCE FALL OF MAN one of the best fps this generation i got soo hooked on to the multiplayer that i didn't even finish single player and i traded it in for cod 4.....needa get that game back :(

Metal Gear Solid 4.

Like Snake, I waited and stalked my prey. When the time was right (80gb backwards compatible, $100 gift card, free downloadable Pain, AND MGS4!!!), I struck.

!

Around the Network

First two (got at same time) were Motorstorm and Resistance... I popular twosome I suspect, as there wasn't that much choice at the time!

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

i bought LBP and a dualshock about 2 months before i bought a ps3. hooray for friendly neighbors!

Wipeout HD, now at 100%. (^_^)

First retail game was MGS4.

Looking forward to: FF Versus XIII / LBP2 / The Last Guardian / Yakuza 4 / ICO Collection

Ninja Gaiden Sigma which was honestly, a horrible choice. I hated that game, I have no idea why it's so well recieved. This was disappointing because your first game for a new generation console should really blow you away. Going back, these were my first games introducing me to a new generation...

NES: Super Mario Bros (duh, fantastic)

Genesis: Sonic the Hedgehog (Great)

Playstation 1: Crash Bandicoot (Amazing, so much fun)

Dreamcast: Sonic Adventure (Holy graphically intense eggman!)

Gamecube: Metroid Prime (Mind blowing at the time, classic game)

Wii: Wii Sports I guess (fun for a day, then you realize how useless the Wii is)

PS3: Ninja Gaiden Sigma (Sucked, I actually did beat it but never played it again).

On top of that, Sigma was a pretty bland looking game and not a great way to be introduced to the "Next Gen" hardware. It really just seemed like a shiny PS2/Gamecube game. You should always be blown away by the leap taken (Crash Bandicoot, Sonic Adventure, and Metroid Prime all did it for me).

I now own 13 games for it (not to mention a ton of PSN games), all AAA titles in my opinion, and with the exception of the original Playstation1 (you'll never beat the nostalgia of that era for me, even if the games are a lot better now), this is definitely the best console I've ever owned (Gamecube is a pretty close second however).

Motostorm. I also have played Uncharted and GTA4 on the PS3.