By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So what's so great about Uncharted 2?

coolbeans said:
chris1_16 said:
This game sounds pretty amazing. But referring to my last question, does Drake end up with that hot pixelated woman........Chloe?

You want someone to spoil that for you?

As a matter a fact.......I can wait until I buy it

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

Around the Network
*watches thread even more carefully*

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

i m on chapter 24 i have played it for 10 hours on normal,,,let me tell you that with out a doubt this game is the best single player game i played. you actually care for the game and story while you are playing and graphic?jaw dropping.multiplayer looks bad compared to graphics of single player,,,but that's expected.varied environment and gameplay makes it entertaining without loosing your interest.

any one with a PS3 needs this game in their collection.it's the definition of polished entertainment.

I WANT THIS GAME!!!!!

release date for europe is this friday isnt it? 2 days to go....

Wenn killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler killen, dann killen killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler.

coolbeans said:
CGI-Quality said:
coolbeans said:
Known for it's awesome visuals for a console game. General gameplay still lags behind Gears (hopefully not only imo) but it adds platforming to the mix to spice things up. Anything solid in terms of presentation Uncharted's gonna be on the top of the list.

How so? In fact, there are two different types of games.

Well true they're under two different categories TPS/Tactics (at least with the first one) and TPS/Platforming.  I find (bear in mind I did say imo just hoping I'm not the only one) Gears to throw a better balance in terms of weapons and their functions whether it'd be melee or straight up shooting.  Playing Uncharted and 2's beta and demo I still have that bullet lag feeling that of course Gears had but didn't notice as much in Gears 2, gets frustrating to expect your AK to shoot closer to the speed of a bullet when it doesn't.  Plus the melee in Gears 2 is even better than U2, I mean you have a chainsaw duel but for U2's MP you trade off melee's and basically hope to get some blindfire shots in so the melee kills them.  That's just how I feel though

Edit: Bear in mind I haven't bought U2 yet so I don't know for sure if you can trade punching sequences in U2's MP or do some type of combos 'cause I've never ran into it yet.  Let me know if there is some type of melee system for MP though

Everyone should have there opinion but i have to say i disagree with every statement you made.Having owned GOW and now U2 i'd have to say U2 outclasses GOW in every fashion.I'd agree i enjoyed GOW1&2 more than uncharted 1 but U2 is in a different league all together.

Around the Network

I tell you what's not great. The new ps3 boxart. Uncharted to looks lost next to my other games in my ps3 collection

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

i don't know about U2 yet....but the first one was just plain fun/entertaining and the fighting with the baddies with the combo kicks/punches and headbutts etc was great....when you got use to it....

Above & Beyond