By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The 360 should be redesigned for the NATAL lanuch.

^^ the powerbrick is just bad designing.. the PS3 doesnt have one so i Dont see why the 360 should.. and the ps3 consumes more power than the 360.

As for the DVD scratching.. all u gotta do is move ur 360 around while the disc spins.. its a stupid rubber stabilizer the disc drive needs.. prolly doesnt even cost 2 cents...

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Around the Network
arsenicazure said:
^^ the powerbrick is just bad designing.. the PS3 doesnt have one so i Dont see why the 360 should.. and the ps3 consumes more power than the 360.

As for the DVD scratching.. all u gotta do is move ur 360 around while the disc spins.. its a stupid rubber stabilizer the disc drive needs.. prolly doesnt even cost 2 cents...

I don't move my 360 around, so that makes sense...a friend's 6-year old scratched the heck out of his forza 2...now I know.

As for the brick...I'm not sure why it's a bad design...I've seen tons of electronics with bricks...from Monitors and TV's to protable DVD players to etc etc etc...I'm not sure where the "bad design" comes from.  The Wii also has a brick, but I've never heard anybody complian about that...never!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

It's not the brick so much as the brick is that it's unusually large for a game system.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
It's not the brick so much as the brick is that it's unusually large for a game system.

Lol...my brick in hidden in my entertianment center, so it's all subjective I guess...as I never see it!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

With the next xbox rumored to launch in 2012, doesn't seem likely, they should just focus on making the current xbox 360 reliable.

Around the Network
Jeronimo66 said:
With the next xbox rumored to launch in 2012, doesn't seem likely, they should just focus on making the current xbox 360 reliable.

I think we will see a complete redesigned 360 next year...but only internally.  Well, chances are, there will be some minimal changes to the exterior as well, but from a cost perspective, using as much of the same components as possible makes sense...if you start re-tooling everything, it's going to jack up the cost of making them.  Think about it...Holiday 2012 is 3 years away...the 360 will be 8 years old.  If the Nextbox has fullB/C with the 360, it's going to be a smooth landing, with the 360 probably still outselling it for that holiday season.