By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - RUMOR: ATI already WON Nex-GEN Xbox deal (Xbox 720)...2012!!

I believe in this rumor, Fudzilla is often right.

And the deal is most likely decided, since console design, planning and hardware deals usually start about three years before launch.

Around the Network

Didn't someone from Microsoft say they think this generation is going to stick around longer than last ?

And I doubt Sony would make a new console until ATLEAST 2014 anway, I mean, they've got a 10 year lifespan so they say, and the PS2 has gone on for 9 so far and is still selling, and 2014 would be 8 years, and I'd say the PS3 could even get 10 years too, if not more...

So yeah, unless there's proof to back this up, it's just something that's been made up overnight, since I'm pretty sure none of the companies (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo) are looking at a new generation of console just yet (Well, Nintendo maybe... Wii HD soon ?)

jbrist said:
Didn't someone from Microsoft say they think this generation is going to stick around longer than last ?

And I doubt Sony would make a new console until ATLEAST 2014 anway, I mean, they've got a 10 year lifespan so they say, and the PS2 has gone on for 9 so far and is still selling, and 2014 would be 8 years, and I'd say the PS3 could even get 10 years too, if not more...

So yeah, unless there's proof to back this up, it's just something that's been made up overnight, since I'm pretty sure none of the companies (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo) are looking at a new generation of console just yet (Well, Nintendo maybe... Wii HD soon ?)

Every company begins development on their next generation console the day after their current one is released.  Sure they may not do much solid decision making or prototype building for a few years, but they all at least begin the first stages such as ideas, picture models, etc.

Well, no idea if this is true, but i do like something in the article - the mention of legacy titles. If the next xbox doesn't let you play 360 games, i'll be pissed.

Even if this is rubbish and fake I'M SO EXCITED! New Console!!

Around the Network

Whatever, I won't believe anything until confirmed.

This is all pretty interesting....since the Wii has turned this generation upside down, I wonder how many times MS, Sony and Nintendo themselves have changed plans for what they consider the ideal next gen console.

Also, I wonder what the names of these system will be....people say Sony probably won´t go for something like Playstation 4..something to do with the number 4 in Japanese culture being a bad thing or something like that....I don´t see MS going with "XBOX 720" either...as for Nintendo...will they settle or something like Wii 2?...Super Wii?...(the latter sounds silly...the former too, actually)...so many questions haha.

Slimebeast said:

And the deal is most likely decided, since console design, planning and hardware deals usually start about three years before launch.

Fudzilla usually produces so many rumors that some of them are true

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
Slimebeast said:

Fudzilla usually produces so many rumors that some of them are true

Yeah. He loves getting hits.

The 360 will be 7 years old by 2012. It's not inconceivable.