By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which place you think the next GTA should use?

themanwithnoname said:
I don't see why it needs to be outside America. It's pretty clear by now that they're going for that Americana type atmosphere and feel with these games.

and that will kill the franchise in the long run.

I could not stand that crap in GTA4, such a promising game runind as the stupidity came out to play.

Around the Network
Garnett said:

DETROIT! W000!!!!!!!!

That might be too dangerous, the guy would always get killed.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Tokyo man ! :p

Check out my game about moles ^

Have to be London.

If they stay in America i fear they would kill the series....

GTA: Greater Toronto Area.

It would kinda be like a San Andreas setting cause in the GTA we have Toronto, Mississauga, Scarborough, North York, Vaughn and a buncha other tiny municipalities.

Around the Network

Or maybe Hong Kong, and you play as somebody in the Triads (come on, what would you do in London, be a chav?)

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

LF-A said:
themanwithnoname said:
I don't see why it needs to be outside America. It's pretty clear by now that they're going for that Americana type atmosphere and feel with these games.

I could not stand that crap in GTA4, such a promising game runind as the stupidity came out to play.

It didnt kill GTA3, GTA Vice City or GTA San Andreas?   So why would being in another American style city kill this one?

GTA4 was bad not because of the city it was in but because of how badly over-hyped and over-rated it was, plus they had half of the content that GTA San Andreas had.

I'd want either Washington D.C. or cuba

FootballFan said:
Have to be London.

If they stay in America i fear they would kill the series....

Explain?  

All 3 from last gen were in "American" cities, so why would it kill the series if it was in another one?

LF-A said:
themanwithnoname said:

Considering a lot of people are dividing this generation into 'Wii = Japan' and '360/PS3 = Western gaming', I really think a portion of why games like GTA have sold so well is because they appeal to those people who are rebelling against 'Japanese' games.  I mean, look at all the people online who consistently complain about JRPGs, Anime or even just the Wii itself.  A great deal of that has a stigma of 'America is better' driving behind it.  Especially from people who started playing games around the time of the XBOX/PS2 or even this generation.

There's even a possibility that if GTA tried to venture outside of the US as a setting, some might think it would lose its identity.  Something like Zelda going futuristic.  While it may sound interesting in concept, it could completely ruin the series in the long run.  I mean, what if they picked London as a setting?  What would they base it on?  Would they do like Vice City and base it loosely on a movie like Snatch?  Or would they try to go realistic like GTAIV?  Either way, a game based on London (or any foreign city) would greatly take the series in a new direction they may not be able to reverse.

Six upcoming games you should look into: