By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Buy World of Goo, pay whatever you think it's worth!

Woot! Just got it for $0.50! Now I just have to wait till tonight to download and play it!

Around the Network
famousringo said:

The Wii version has co-op.

I think the PC version has a level editor, if that's your thing.

The PC version has the "World of Goo Corporation" mode, maybe that's what you mean by a level editor. Basicallly it's a leaderboard of sorts to see how high you can build a gooball tower with all the excess gooballs you've accumulated from levels. You can compare your tower height and # of gooballs used to attain that height against people all over the world. AFAIK the Wii version doesn't have this mode.

Angelfire18, the PC version isn't stuttery at all, stop with the FUD. I play it on Mac OSx and it runs great.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

ameratsu said:
famousringo said:

The PC version has the "World of Goo Corporation" mode, maybe that's what you mean by a level editor. Basicallly it's an ongoing competition to see how high you can build a gooball tower given all the excess gooballs you've accumulated from levels. You can compare your tower height and # of gooballs used to attain that hight against people all over the world. AFAIK the Wii version doesn't have this mode.

Angelfire18, the PC version isn't stuttery at all, stop with the FUD. I play it on Mac OSx and it runs great.

No, that's in the Wii version too.

I thought I remembered a bunch of user-made level packs being put out for the PC version. Perhaps I'm mistaken.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:

I thought I remembered a bunch of user-made level packs being put out for the PC version. Perhaps I'm mistaken.

I couldn't see any tools for building levels in my version. Doesn't mean you were mistaken, or that they aren't there. Just that I haven't seen any.

This is invisible text!

the link is not working

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Around the Network

2-d Boy also released the official soundtrack to World Of Goo some months ago, a FREE high-quality Mp3 complete soundtrack. The link may be still on their site.

Sherlock99 said:
the link is not working

Just try again. And again. Their website is a bit flooded right now, as you might imagine. But it'll work.

This is invisible text!

I was unable to complete the PC demo. However, if you are smart/better than me at this type of stuff (and you most likely are), then I encourage you to get the game. Also, feel free to pay more than a $1 for the game, as I did enjoy the demo.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

I got this for the Wii. Great game. I love it.

You peepz out there need to get this now!

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

AngelFire18 said:
zexen_lowe said:
AngelFire18 said:
famousringo said:
zexen_lowe said:
AngelFire18 said:
Mudface said:
AngelFire18 said:
i have it on wii.. its a lot better there...

How is it?

well of course you use the wii mote.. but its a simple system of point and grab with a and place.... its just more interactive..... i like it it seems to look smoother and since it is on a platform it stutters less..

And on PC you use the mouse, hardly a difference at all.

And I doubt it would look/run better in Wii than on PC. Anyway, the PC game is fantastic, so for sure the Wii version is too

yeah that you have co op ... but im all about the smoothness of the game it stutters less on the wii...

The game doesn't stutter on PC. I know that, I've played it, and never noticed anything like a stutter

anything on a console is less likely to stutter then it is on pc...

The game is perfectly smooth on the PC and I played it on a 4 year old laptop with on-board graphics.

I played both the PC and the Wii versions and there really is very little difference, except as has been mentioned, co-op in the Wii version.  Both have the World of Goo Corp.  Can't go wrong with either version.