By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - On Censorship (please don't censor this)

Desroko said:
Final-Fan said:
Desroko said:
I understand where you're coming from, but this is a Friday night, and it's very possible that there are no mods watching. I don't see anything in your history that I think warrants a banning under the forum rules, but it probably would have been better to give them some time to sort it out before coming back in.

If no mods were watching, how exactly did he get banned, pray tell?

I'm talking about when he sent the messages, not when he was banned.

MontanaHatchet, ioi (the one who banned him), ssj12, and rocketpig all posted on the SAME THREAD in between the time he made that post and when he started his post-ban rampage.  In that time, he carried on friendly banter with MontanaHatchet.  So yes, I would say that the mods had the opportunity to get his messages.  DKII was not involved at all, which explains why he wasn't contacted. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Their are around 15 mods??? Would be a stupid thing though if he sended to all of them a PM about this.

Crucial said:
Oh and for the record: I've never used another alias on this site. I've only been here for a short while, but I'm not anyone else. I keep getting accused of being "Hus" or "Killzone" or something.

It's pretty much Standard Operating Procedure for at least a couple people with more WPM than wisdom to accuse anyone causing a ruckus of being an infamous banned user. 

If the content is sexual or the troublemaker is female:  Gballzack.

If the troublemaker is spamming PS3 propaganda, Blue3 is the old scarecrow and Hus is the newer model.  Killzone is less infamous and (I think) was chronologically in the middle, or maybe a bit more recent than Hus. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Sorry about the 28 year ban. That's my fault. I was trying to figure out why he was still able to post despite the ban and entered 9999 days as a test. Obviously that in no way corrects the issue with banning not stopping posting. I'm trying to readjust it back to the original 3 months and ioi can deal with any extensions or removals.

As far as your complaints Crucial, sorry I really can't address them because I'm not the one who made the decision to ban you. I think you would have done a better job of making your point if you had been more respectful and less insulting. It also would have helped to address complaints to ioi directly rather than to just attack the site as a whole.

You also have to understand that once your complaint has been addressed (whether your opinion is rejected or accepted) you need to drop it. There is never an excuse for spamming.

Final-Fan said:
Crucial said:
Oh and for the record: I've never used another alias on this site. I've only been here for a short while, but I'm not anyone else. I keep getting accused of being "Hus" or "Killzone" or something.

It's pretty much Standard Operating Procedure for at least a couple people with more WPM than wisdom to accuse anyone causing a ruckus of being an infamous banned user.

If the content is sexual or the troublemaker is female: Gballzack.

If the troublemaker is spamming PS3 propaganda, Blue3 is the old scarecrow and Hus is the newer model. Killzone is less infamous and (I think) was chronologically in the middle, or maybe a bit more recent than Hus.

Haha I was accused of being GBallZack because I was pwning Ckmlb in an arguement, and I guess Gballzack used to do that too.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
Around the Network

I'd love to see a link that shows that I was "spamming". Mainly just voicing my concerns, and obviously the concerns of many others on this site.

Crucial said:
I'd love to see a link that shows that I was "spamming". Mainly just voicing my concerns, and obviously the concerns of many others on this site.

I understand, but voice your concerns once, and do it in a professional manner.  Message ioi directly, or post it in the suggestions topic.  Just as you are entitled to your opinion about the promotion of new members, ioi is entitled to disagree with that opinion.  You shouldn't continue to post your concerns repeatedly after that.  

People, its Ioi's site.

If he thought Crucial deserved a ban then Crucial gets a ban. Ioi seems like a pretty reasonable guy and if Crucial had gone through the right channels I'm sure he would have at the least had his ban reduced (afterall it was fairly minor what he did).

Personally I think that now that Crucial has spammed the site he doesnt really deserve to be unbanned though = I just hope that Ioi gets around to fixing up the loophole that allows him to post.

My advice, don't piss off the site owner. It's his site, his word is final.

Fine, great, you've "hacked" the site and can post all you want...it's not really helping your credibility though. Creating a thread for the sake of asking why you're banned? Spam and of course, you shouldn't be posting anyway. You're breaking the rules of the site, and I don't see why we should extend further courtesy to you.

I would've been fine with unbanning you, because yeah, I think the original ban was unjustified. Nobody is going to unban you now though...you're pushing things way too far.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I think we could have a big debate about this, but even if it stayed civil I don't think many people would budge from their initial positions.

So what does everyone have to say about Concerns One and Two? which have nothing to do with Crucial's uberban.