By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Best ps3 game: This is awsome.

LordTheNightKnight said:

Best or not, you should know better than to expect too much from a game with cartoon style art direction. This is NOT the game to look to show off the power of the system. Those games would be those like Resistance (partly in graphics and partly in huge battles), Lair (although that fell way short of its promise), and MGS4 (which may be the do or die game for the system).

I call shenanigans.

When did it become impossible for games to have both quality graphics and art direction?  I would definitely label that a false dichotomy.

Particle effects, lighting, building/environment design, and even character design...etc can all improve with a step up in graphic capabilities.  To think the art style/direction would limit most of this is foolish.

Around the Network

"Best ps3 game: This is awsome."

No offence but first there is the Nintendo equals Kiddie games comment, 8 months and 7 more Wii's then PS3's later there is the "this is awsome" comment on what i see as that very same sort of kiddie game.

No offence on the game itself, i think it's more like the genre of Rayman games that just makes a nice and fun platformer. I like those games very much, but i wouldn't buy a piece of hardware to play this: they'll end up on the PC anyway. (certainly now the potential consumer base is like 100 million people smaller)

If Rayman had guns and jetboots and a spaceship, yeah, Ratchet and Clank would be like Rayman.

Also Rayman would have to not be lame anymore. 

I dunno that trailer left me unimpressed, its like the other games......

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

So what are we at now? 9 R&C games? I'm surprised how quickly they managed to run this franchise into the ground.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

WTF are you talking about "run this franchise into the ground"? I've played them all except the PSP one, and every one has been better than the one before it. Just those four weapons in the demo are awesome, that level is awesome, and as for the grind rails being easy, it's not even the entire first level of the freaking game, the first level of ANY game is easy. I'm looking forward to this one even more than I did the others.

Also for you to think they ran it into the ground, you'd have had to both played the games in the series before this one, AND this game. How can you feel they screwed something up that you never liked in the first place when you haven't even played the latest iteration? The other games were awesome as hell, and this one feel like the same plus enhancements, so if you liked the others, it's safe to say you'll like this one, if you didn't, then you won't. Unless lack of an over-the-shoulder camera view was a dealbreaker for you in the first games.

ClaudeLv250 said:
So what are we at now? 9 R&C games? I'm surprised how quickly they managed to run this franchise into the ground.

Running it into the ground would have to imply that the games were bad - and this looks like it could be the best yet.

I don't know whether your exageration was intentional or not... this will be the fourth main title in the series and the sixth game that's a part of the franchise.

Ratchet and Clank
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal

Thos are the three main story games that appeared on the PS2 and all three of them were quite good (though the third didn't quite measure up to the first two). Additionally, the PS2 was host to an arena battle and online MP-focused game called Ratchet: Deadlocked.

High Imact Games (not Insomniac) created Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters for the PSP. It's a side-story that isn't really part of the main storyline at all and was just created to give the PSP some more software.

Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction is the fourth main storyline title in the franchise and it looks like it will be the first title of a brand new series for the PS3.

Deviation59 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

Running it into the ground would have to imply that the games were bad - and this looks like it could be the best yet.

I don't know whether your exageration was intentional or not... this will be the fourth main title in the series and the sixth game that's a part of the franchise.

Ratchet and Clank
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal

Thos are the three main story games that appeared on the PS2 and all three of them were quite good (though the third didn't quite measure up to the first two). Additionally, the PS2 was host to an arena battle and online MP-focused game called Ratchet: Deadlocked.

High Imact Games (not Insomniac) created Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters for the PSP. It's a side-story that isn't really part of the main storyline at all and was just created to give the PSP some more software.

Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction is the fourth main storyline title in the franchise and it looks like it will be the first title of a brand new series for the PS3.

The games don't necessarily have to be bad to be run into the ground.

Well let's see...

PS2:

- Ratchet & Clank

- Going Commando

- Up Your Arsenal

- Deadlocked

Cell:

- Going Mobile

- Clone Home

PSP:

- Size Matters

- Secret Agent Clank

PS3:

- Tools of Destruction

Whoa, I was right. There ARE 9 games...

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Run into the ground implies having started off well and deteriorated, to the point where it is no longer good. Hence the crashing plane/ship metaphor.

There are cell phone games for Ratchet and Clank? Really? Huh.

And yes, I missed the new PSP game that was announced earlier this month. Still, this is only the fourth game series title. If we're going to hold spinoffs and such against the franchise then the whole Mario discussion can certainly start all over again (which would be very, very stupid).

And as has been stated, run into the ground absolutely implies that something has gotten worse and worse and finally bottomed out. This has not been the case with Ratchet and Clank at all.