By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Best ps3 game: This is awsome.

this game reminds me of jet force gemini. it does look alright, wouldnt buy a ps3 for it though. in fact i wouldnt buy a ps3 for anything, but still..

Around the Network

i think at its core they made the game to sell to the people that enjoyed the other ratchet games, and maybe gain a few new customers too. if they would have changed too much about the gameplay they would have decreased its overall customer base rather than increase it. if you want new and better with every sequel go watch a movie. video games thrive on sequals playing out exactly the same as the original... small steps are always better than huge steps.

for everyone out there that thinks SMG looks better than R&C FToD think again... your wii doesnt even display HD graphics. there is absolutely NO comparison.

your wii doesnt even display HD graphics

Zomg then it must be teh sux!

But your *insert console here* doesnt have waggle, so its controls must be rubbish as well.

Im sorry but taking a single factor of graphics doesnt mean that all the rest are meaningless. People who argue SMG looks better argue that it does mainly on art direction which some would consider to be the single most important feature of graphics.

TheJon said:
this game reminds me of jet force gemini. it does look alright, wouldnt buy a ps3 for it though. in fact i wouldnt buy a ps3 for anything, but still..

If Rare wasn't owned by Microsoft, I would've really wanted a Jet Force Gemini for this gen.

@cool48 

i totally agree with you i love the rachet series and it sucks that i cant play it i am gonna get a ps3 mabye next year or for christmas

Official Member of the Xbox 360 squad!

Around the Network

if u guys think that its just another rehash of the same formula think again. it might be the same formula, but they made it better. I played both demos so the psn demo shouldnt have surprised me, but it did. It was smooth as hell and made for one heck of an experience.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

soccerdrew17 said:
if u guys think that its just another rehash of the same formula think again. it might be the same formula, but they made it better. I played both demos so the psn demo shouldnt have surprised me, but it did. It was smooth as hell and made for one heck of an experience.

From what I could tell from the PSN demo, its the exact same with prettier graphics and a sixaxis free-fall sequence added.

The on-rails section was incredibly lame. And then they go and repeat the damn thing again, and again, and again.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

soccerdrew17 said:

Well I don't mind if the formula is still there. Rehashing would be if the mixing of the formula is minimal (like the Mega Man sequels). The R & C games through a bit more in each game, just to keep it, if not fresh, then still workable.

Basically, it aint broke, so they aren't fixing it. Expectations may be high for others, but that seems to be based on Sony's hype for PS3 games, which I didn't fall for. I already knew it was Sony fixing what wasn't broken. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

is it right the game was ACCIDENTALY ALLOWED to be released TODAY in US ??????????????????

Time to Work !

is it right the game was ACCIDENTALY ALLOWED to be released TODAY in US ??????????????????

Time to Work !