By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Best ps3 game: This is awsome.

This game looks AWESOME! Another gem from Insomniac.

Around the Network

@GearsofGods,

if you read his post again he said "in that respect" meaning he thinks the PS2 had some lighting issues and he believes that R&C suffer from similar issues. I don't think he is saying it looks like a PS2 game in every respect as you seem to have taken it.

To Each Man, Responsibility

@Gears of Gods, i'm sorry but those too pictures, apart from the different resolutions, look as good as each other....maybe except the smoke in the right hand side, that looks good and probably better than the Wii could do.

Still i care not, i have stayed away from buying platformers (except Banjo Tooie) for a whole 3 generations because of the ones i played, those being Jak n Daxter two of the R+C games and unfortunately a spyro game,... I will admit i didn't spend that long on one of the ratchet games (maybe 2 hours) but i wasn't impressed.
Oh i played a Crash bandicoot game too, but that was almost as bad as Spyro.

Looks pretty cool. Of course I'm only a few hours into the first R&C, so I think I'll borrow->play all the PS2 ones, and then decide if I want more by the time I finally get a PS3 in a few years. All the games in a series being the same is a problem that I can ignore with some franchises, but completely kills it for me in others, and I still don't know which one Ratchet is for me.

i liked ratchets for ps2,atleast i will be able to play this game on my cousins ps3

Around the Network

Well this game is really IMO to go to new PS3 owners that have never played Ratchet and Clank before. I would say the same can be said for Mario. But Mario is always redefining itself. Like Super Mario Galaxy looks cool.

hunter_alien said:
Unfortunatlly I have to agree , I played all 4 PS2 R&C games + Size Matters , and what Ive seen here didnt surprised me ... I think that the formula is getting a wee bit old :?

After 6 games in 6 years, the formula does get old quick. And each of the games was 8-10 hours long. I doubt this one will be any different.

@W29,

It is very different with Mario. 3 games in 11 years VS 6 games in 6 years(7 in 7, if you count the Clank PSP one coming out next year). 

Insomniac are awesome. Let's just hope they won't sell this series so it can be ruined by some other company.

@W29

Doesn't really look like it plays any better than any other R&C game from the video.

@Deviation59

I said I wasn't impressed, not that the graphics weren't an improvement.  Yeah, I think they're better than the PS2 but for the difference in hardware specs between the PS2 and PS3, they're thoroughly underwhelming.

@LordTheNightKnight

The problem with not expecting top of the line graphics is that is one of the KEY selling points of the PS3.  Why would I pay $400-$600 for a system when its best games look like they could be done on the Wii graphics-wise.

Words Of Wisdom said:

@W29

Doesn't really look like it plays any better than any other R&C game from the video.

@Deviation59

I said I wasn't impressed, not that the graphics weren't an improvement. Yeah, I think they're better than the PS2 but for the difference in hardware specs between the PS2 and PS3, they're thoroughly underwhelming.

@LordTheNightKnight

The problem with not expecting top of the line graphics is that is one of the KEY selling points of the PS3. Why would I pay $400-$600 for a system when its best games look like they could be done on the Wii graphics-wise.

How could you say that the graphics are incredible.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/image_viewer/frame_lead.php?pid=932369&img=2