By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I can't believe what slobs some of you people are!!!!

It never ceases to amaze me how many used games I see on the shelf at Gamestop that are in a generic case and/or missing the instruction booklet because some of you slop-asses can't be bothered to take care of your games.  I will never understand how you can spend your hard earned money on a game and lose pieces of it and/or leave it lying around to get damaged/scratched.  Furthermore, I can't believe that Gamestop has the balls to charge its customers the same price for one of these used games as one that is completely intact with original case and instructions.  I can't tell you how annoyed I get when I want to buy a used copy of a game and the only one(s) available are incomplete crap copies.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Around the Network

If they charged you more for ones with cases and instruction manuals then they would have to pay you more for them as well. And how exactly do you put a monetary value to it? If it has the orginal case, but not the manual is that an extra dollar,two?

lol im a slob

mM
dsister44 said:
If they charged you more for ones with cases and instruction manuals then they would have to pay you more for them as well. And how exactly do you put a monetary value to it? If it has the orginal case, but not the manual is that an extra dollar,two?

you should get a percentage reduction on lost items... 10 percent for the manual and 10 for the case... sounds fair to me... 5 percent if the game is scratched up...those reductions should then be pushed onto the retail... I know they are not going to do a percentage reduction but at least take off the money they didn't pay the idiots

This is why I only buy my games new (yes I trade in sometimes, but I like when I know that no one has touched my game disk's)

Around the Network

I'm always suprised by that too. I've never scratched a disc or lost an instruction manual. A lot of that is probably from kids who don't pay for their games and haven't learned how to take care of their things.

Now hold up... when I trade in games I always trade it in with the book

Ya the book has some love stains and the pages are stuck together, but at least I include the damn thing..

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

sega4life said:

Ya the book has some love stains and the pages are stuck together, but at least I include the damn thing..

....this is why I don't buy used games

mM
leo-j said:
sega4life said:

really?... because you should have seen what I did to the new games before I resealed them..

When I worked at Gamestop that is...

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

sega4life said:
leo-j said:
sega4life said:

really?... because you should have seen what I did to the new games before I resealed them..

When I worked at Gamestop that is...

who cares, I dont buy games from gamestop

mM