By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Flop or not prediction - upcoming 3rd party games

I think Wii GHIII sales will surpass the Xbox360 ones.

Around the Network

No More Heroes - FLOP - if i had a wii, i wouldn't hesitate to buy this.

PES 2008 - FLOP - i will stick to the 360 version due to xbox live, sports games sell poorly on the wii, besides FIFA outsells PES worldwide.

NiGHTS - FLOP - never was a fan of the original, TEAM SONIC sucks. i might be wrong and may be a sleeper hit.

Zack & Wiki - FLOP - i'm somewhat interested in this game, i will rent it once i buy a wii, but i think its going to flop

Resident Evil: UC - NOT - As much i a Resident Evil fanboy that i am, i hate spinoffs, specially the shooter ones, but this game will sell due to the brand name.

Guitar Hero III - NOT - i think it will sell decent, but won't top the ps2, nor the 360 versions.

GHIII Not - every online shop i've checked seems to be out of the wii version for pre-order, but all still have ps3 and a few have 360 and ps2 (both with guitar) in stock

routsounmanman said:
I think Wii GHIII sales will surpass the Xbox360 ones.

I honestly thing they are about even with the PS3 version in a close 3rd and PC version trailing behind.. sadly..

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

No More Heros - flop - I think it could sell on the 360 if it had good marketing

PES 2008 - flop - It might get some sales but I have never heard of PES until recently (I am American) and making the Wii game harder than the others seems nuts

NiGHTS - flop - unless this is better than the previews show and has good marketing, I hope it does not control like Sonic Secret Rings

Zack & Wiki - not - point and click games are bad and the name is horrible, it looks like a kids game but the gameplay is suposed to be hard, Dewy's Adventure was like that and it flopped, but then again, this game was very cheap to make so it should make money even with 100,000 WW sales

Resident Evil: UC - not - Resident Evil, 'nough said

Guitar Hero III - not - I already pre-ordered, this will do well on all systems

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Around the Network

No More Heroes - flop, unfortunately
PES 2008 -- we know too little about it, so i'm unsure at this point (depending on reviews it'll Flop or not)
Nights - flop, although it might have a fanbase of sorts, i don't think it would be enough to label this game as 'not', this one, however, will not flop if it gets great reviews
Zack and Wiki - Not -- so many people want it .. lol
Resident Evil: UC - Not, just not
GHIII - not -- although it may not best the 360 or the PS2 versions in terms of sales, it won't be a flop, as all of systems should do well with this game

Going on if they'll meet expectations here (profitable) andare well reviewed

No Mores Heroes: NOT - If it's as weird to play as Killer 7 it'll flop, but from videos it looks more mainstream than Killer 7 but still very stylized.  This is niche and will take a lot time to get to profitablity, but I think it will eventually. 

PES 2008 - FLOP - Hard to say, EA games are mostly flopping and so did Power Pros (although Bigs did best on Wii).  Really it'll depend on the controls and marketing.

NiGHTS - NOT - Diehard Sega fans will pick this up immediately and I think this will be a favorite for many casual women players because of it's whimsical nature.  Heck I want it to.  Won't get great numbers but I think it'll have legs.

Zack & Wiki - FLOP - I don't think Capcom has a lot of faith in this and won't market it enough.  It'll be one of those 'Best game people never bought'. Good word of mouth might save it though. IGN alone isn't enough.

RE:UC - Duh... - It'll make money.  Question is, how much?  Lots of other on-rails shooters hitting at the same time (Ghost Squad, MoH:Heros, Link's Crossbow), which is a dead style and unproven on the Wii, so while I don't doubt it'll make money it may never catch RE4

GH3 - $$$ - Are you kidding?  This series is huge! It'll make money for sure, but we'll all be waiting to see how it compares to the other versions in sales. 

No more heroes is totally depends on if they can get general anime fans to get into it if that happens it'll be just fine, otherwise it'll flop
PES 2008, don't care probably will flop
NiGHTS will be just fine I believe sega will actually get this one right even today the first one is totally unique in terms of gameplay and art direction, many people have been waiting far too long for this (me for one), otherwise if reviews are poor I'm sure anyone that would have bought this game will buy it anyway over specticism against reviewers (ign's review of guilty gear ac for the wii is a testament of just how worthless professional reviewers are)
zak and wiki- flop ign couldn't pull up sales on Eternal darkness why would they carry such weight now. plus no matter what it is in a long dead niche genre (though I'll buy it)
Resident evil UC, this one is just to well presented to be a flop,
GH III, no matter how much I hate this series it'll be fine

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No More Heroes - FLOP: It looks like a great game to me, but I don't know if the Wii is the right system for it.

PES 2008 - I have no idea what this is (apparently a soccer game), so I can't judge.

Nights - NOT: Although Sega's reputaion for good games is low these days, Nights looks pretty good.

Zack and Wiki - Again, I have no idea what this game even is, so I can't judge it.

Resident Evil: UC - NOT: I think this games sales will be through the roof.

GHIII - NOT: It's Guitar Hero, so you can't go wrong. I bet it will sell more on PS2 and 360 though.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

PES will flop, only because it comes out later. I expect most of the people who want it will buy it on their other systems be it 360, PS3 or PS2, rather then wait a month.

Soccer Fever is the kind of thing that can stop a war.