By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is now a good time to buy a game system?

Um... hi everyone.

I used to play video games and then stopped playing them for a while.  All the new games coming out seem fun so I'd like to start playing again but I haven't played anything new in a while so now I'm not sure where to start.  I'm thinking about buying a system but I don't know which one to get since all the new stuff seems really neat.  And with all the different versions of each system it's getting kind of hard to see which one is good and bad.  With the holidays coming fast, I'm not even sure if I should get one yet or wait till later.  So... I kinda figured I'd ask for some advice from people who already have them or even just know them really well.  I hope that makes sense.

Sorry if this was the wrong place to put this, I'm not really sure where it should go. 

Um, thanks everyone!  ^.^

~Cerise

Around the Network

You should get a Wii

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Hi I suggest buying a ps2. Its very good.

mM

Favorite games (listed in your profile): Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon Red, and Kirby Superstar.

Soriku would tell you that you should get the Wii. It's a good system to get back into gaming with and it's cheap.

And welcome to the site! I'm the devilishly handsome MontanaHatchet, and I'd be happy to make you feel hrmmmm, welcome!

kingdom hearts is not on the wii.

mM
Around the Network

Either a PlayStation 2 because its cheap and basically has by far the best line up of games or the Nintendo Wii as its easy to use and everybody will love wii sports.

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

no ps2 is dead well not really but if i was you ill buy the best system since the snes the wii. everythime i play it i glee with happyness and scream wiiiiiiiiiiii. by the way the whole thing about wii getting dusty is garbage cause i bought my wii at launch and play it every weekend woot. plus mario is coming and he is the MAN!

that was my fisrt comment woot!

Putting the Box back in Ninlen!

Not to sound like a fanboy but I would recommend shying away from the Playstation 3 for now. As a budgeted consumer, I don't feel any confidence in purchasing a PS3 as the price and offering seems to vary so much from month to month. Between the XBox 360 and the Wii, I would look at the popular games for the systems and see which ones you think you are more interested in playing.

Im getting tired of old members comgin back with new accounts.. they need Ip banning... Im leaving this site until something is done.

mM
Cerise said:

Um... hi everyone.

I used to play video games and then stopped playing them for a while. All the new games coming out seem fun so I'd like to start playing again but I haven't played anything new in a while so now I'm not sure where to start. I'm thinking about buying a system but I don't know which one to get since all the new stuff seems really neat. And with all the different versions of each system it's getting kind of hard to see which one is good and bad. With the holidays coming fast, I'm not even sure if I should get one yet or wait till later. So... I kinda figured I'd ask for some advice from people who already have them or even just know them really well. I hope that makes sense.

Sorry if this was the wrong place to put this, I'm not really sure where it should go.

Um, thanks everyone! ^.^

~Cerise

How much money do you want to spend?