By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WTF, Wii Zapper gets PEGI-18 rating in UK?!!?

And I'm sure 'controls' had nothing to do with it, just like Manhunt.....

Around the Network

Seems kinda strange, the UK is fairly liberal about things and I can't see why this would warrant an 18.

PEGI is Europe wide and not actually enforcable in the way a BBFC rating is, so I don't think it's a reaction to gun crime.

Does anyone even click the links? Or is it shoot first and ask questions later? The only known rating is for Umbrella Chronicles, which as far as I know is the only announced pack in for Europe. And, in case you're wondering, Resident Evil 4 was also rated 18+.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
Shambolic said:
Seems kinda strange, the UK is fairly liberal about things and I can't see why this would warrant an 18.

Um, you know they banned handguns in the UK, right?  Didn't they also ban hunting?  If you mean liberal as in free then I have to disagree.  If you mean liberal as in banning guns and knifes, I agree. 

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

We get Resi:UC pack in? huzzah, PEGI is back in my good books, Resident Evil is definately 18.

[i was sceptical because i just got the MP3 demo channel and that game is rated 12 and clearly more violent than crossbow training.

I should have read the link.

Around the Network

this is ridiculous

Firstly, by liberal I'm fairly sure that Shambolic meant censorship wise, when it comes to TV and things, we're not as bad as the US. Secondly, the majority of the country was for the banning of fox hunting.

Anyway, what is this game bundelled with in the UK? If it's bundled with GTA: Zapper Edition, I'm pretty sure that the rating was well deserved. I didn't even know you could give a rating to hardware.

FreeTalkLive rocks! said:
Shambolic said:

Um, you know they banned handguns in the UK, right? Didn't they also ban hunting? If you mean liberal as in free then I have to disagree. If you mean liberal as in banning guns and knifes, I agree.

Aren't liberals in general anti-gun, pro-animal welfare types?

Or do I have the completely wrong idea of liberal? 

.................so your telling me i have to wait 2 years to carefully handle a plastic accessory?.....the wiimote looks more like a gun then that...

Koush said:
.................so your telling me i have to wait 2 years to carefully handle a plastic accessory?.....the wiimote looks more like a gun then that...

It might have small plastic parts that minors could accidentally swallow - much like Kinder surprise eggs. So yeah, a M rating is absolutely deserved, to prevent ourfuture tax payers to harm themselves.

Anyways, if it is bundled with RE, then I understand it.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.